Gibson Brands Forums

go to guitar?

jefleppard

My Guild DV-52HG

I leave it in my living room, so it's the easiest guitar to grab. My friend was over with his 11 year old son. The kid asked if he could try it. I let him. He doesn't know how to play, but it was the first time I was on the buisness end of that instrument. Man, I am amazed at how loud it is. Now, I feel sorry for the neighbors when I'm really mashing chords.

Johnt's dumb blonde. (you should let 'er out more often!)

Seriously though - MY dumb blondes. Just finished my 'bitsa' Bender Fraudcaster (natural waxed wood finish) and wired her with NO tone and NO volume controls, just two jacks, one for each pup (strictly a studio/recording guitar). She goes into the other Blonde, my Bassman. Can't leave either of them alone.

For THIS week anyway..... (that's a nod to ksd - who hit the nail on the head earlier).

That is like asking which dog I like the best. But if I had to choose - jeez, will have to go with the J-200. Reason - as long as you ain't playing bluegrass (which I don't) those 1952 to 1961 J-200s remain some of the finest guitars on the planet and can handle pretty much anything - flatpicked wild stacatto rock and blues leads, moving jazz chord lines, percussive rhythms, fingerpicking.

Archived