Gibson Brands Forums

I'm done with dell's

dem00n

Laptops inherently take more of a beating regardless of brand or operating system. Seven years seems to me to be a pretty decent lifespan. That's because of both physical and electronic maltreatment we give 'em.

As for that old Mac... good luck. <grin>

I've had really good luck no matter what the brand. (Oops, quick, knock on wood!)

m

man up and get a Mac dem00n

I agree 100% with Fred.....smiley-happy088.gif

Nope, macs still suck.

My old dell lasted for 12 years, my bro was using it before i was even able to.

It lasted becuase of a few easy upgrades, find me a mac that would last that long?

Just go to the apple store>choose any Mac>Problem solved.

Or, choose the alternative.... smiley-computer001.gif

Nope, macs still suck.

My old dell lasted for 12 years, my bro was using it before i was even able to.

It lasted becuase of a few easy upgrades, find me a mac that would last that long?

12 years! Did it come with a color CRT?

Dem00n I can beat that no problem even 12 years is not bad in todays disposable world.

I still have the original Macintosh from 1984 (still play Zork and program in Hypercard and it still runs fine. Kind of limited on software now with only a single floppy disk but not mine, I have the external hard drive so it's all good that hard drive is a whopping 10 meg and it only cost me $4300. I also have my mac 512k enhanced but it's a little upgraded with a color monitor and an apple mini from last year running for guts so it probably doesn't count.

I also have a Newton and my oldest still operating computer is a Kaypro II running CPM from 1982 great piece of hardware even if CPM is kind of limited now [thumbup]

I've got an IBM ThinkPad I bought in 2002 that still runs. Plus it was abused by being my stage computer, traveling to one-nighters in the van, and sitting on a rocking keyboard stand for hours while I performed.

I recently retired it. The contacts on the hinge are going, so when I open the lid, if the screen at the wrong angle, I get some discolored bands across it. Moving the screen fixed the problem, but who knows? Is it a sign of future failure? I figured better safe than sorry so I replaced it with another old IBM think pad that got too slow for modern work (Pentium IV single core).

I've had great luck with IBM and now Lenovo ThinkPads. As long as they keep their quality control up, I'll stick with that brand.

Notes

Retro...

A Kaypro?

Good grief!!!!!!!

Ah, yes, the famed "luggable." It was groundbreaking in its time, though.

And WordStar... wonderful for its time, too.

m

What did it come with a 3 ?, 4" screen? The case was nearly bullet proof.

My poor old IBM Thinkpad just won't run anymore.

DSCF0361.jpg

Everything was fine until I dropped it half a dozen times, poured beer onto the keyboard, stomped on it and then finally took a hatchet to it.

Man, I should have filmed it and sold it to IBM/Lenovo for a commercial.

Talk about darn near indestructable.

Actually, my old lady uses a dell lap top all the time..She's even a computer system analyst, to boot....

But, I feel the same the mac haters feel towards pc's...

We ALL can't be right. Just a couple of us can...blink.gif

Heh!, If this were a picture perfect world, we all would be ME... angel.gif

Sorry to bust your bubble, Sparky, but you're wrong. [-X If this were a picture perfect word, we all would be ME... [tongue]

quote name='TommyK' timestamp='1296505992' post='850482']Sorry to bust your bubble, Sparky, but you're wrong. [-X If this were a picture perfect word, we all would be ME... [tongue]

You must be the other person in this world that is perfect as well...gy.gif

I knew I would run across you someday....hit.gif

Archived