Gibson Brands Forums

MEAT!!!

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crab legs are my favorite no question. Venison is a close second, and a good porterhouse cooked medium rare to finish off the top 3. Can't beat a whole hog roast either.

I love crab legs, I just wish I had beautiful female slaves to unshell it for me

As to "sod," it appears the term is derived from "sodomy," which evolved from the Biblical tale of Sodom and such... So it doesn't take a "Lot" of consideration to figure that one.

<grin>

It's technical vulgar, if not obscene, in Brit English - but it's rather common in about every Anglophone nation but the U.S.

Venison... Depends on whence it came, perhaps more obviously than in bovines that are mostly quite a bit larger. Farm raised, or in a "cornbelt" area, fine. I've taken some in pine forests that tasted as through they'd been marinated in gin.

BTW, Chinese restaurant in what South Dakota town... I'm rather familiar with most communities both east and west of the Missouri...

m

As to "sod," it appears the term is derived from "sodomy," which evolved from the Biblical tale of Sodom and such... So it doesn't take a "Lot" of consideration to figure that one.

<grin>

It's technical vulgar, if not obscene, in Brit English - but it's rather common in about every Anglophone nation but the U.S.

Venison... Depends on whence it came, perhaps more obviously than in bovines that are mostly quite a bit larger. Farm raised, or in a "cornbelt" area, fine. I've taken some in pine forests that tasted as through they'd been marinated in gin.

BTW, Chinese restaurant in what South Dakota town... I'm rather familiar with most communities both east and west of the Missouri...

m

The venison we have here eat anything from acorns to apples and persimmons, to grain crops. Very tasty here M.

Kobe Beef is the best, tender as butter!!

Did you try the steak house off of "Whisper Ally"? [wink]

I'm not sure which one I went to. I was only there TDY for one week and the guy in charge of the program I was there to review took me there.

RE: Chinese restaurants in South Dakota...

Oddly they seem quite a tradition here. If you were in Rapid City at the AFB or SDNG headquarters, there are several excellent choices there.

Again, rather oddly, it seems there has been a Chinese restaurant in my little "cowboy town" for well over a century, at least off and on. Still is. The ownership seems to come and go, though, almost as if it's a final training ground before somebody offers a larger community or suggests another line of work. Odd, really.

m

Bacon, other wise known as Meat Candy. Look up Beacon Explosion if you want a good Super Bowl treat. I made two and took the to the local watering hole last year, never had to buy a drink. I have in-laws in South Dakota that raise Buffalo and Cattle so I have had the chance to eat Buffalo and love it, either one in a Rib Eye cut grilled over wood, Best meat in the world. And for desert I'll take my homemade Key Lime Pie.

Hard to pick a favorite so I'll list my favorites.

1. Lamb cooked on the spit. One year for Greek Easter my great aunt's (by marriage) brother was in town from Greece and he made a whole lamb on the spit. This is meat nirvana. btw cheek meat is super delicious. Rack of lamb is my second favorite preparation. Some garlic and rosemary and you are set. Should also note that I was a vegetarian for almost two years and what brought me back was this unrelenting craving for lamb.

2. Venison or elk. Not the farm raised, might as well be beef stuff. I am talking Michigan wild game that spends it's life getting nice and flavorful on wild grasses. No wild game in the city. Makes me sad.

3. Pasture raised beef. May not be as marbled as it's grain feed and fattened up cousins, but the meat has deep flavor that is only enhanced by cooking over hardwood charcoal. Man, give me a medium rare steak of that beautiful stuff.

I love a good rabbit roast in brown gravy, BBQ'd duck, and quail too and have been dying to try wild boar. I hear it has a nice nutty flavor because they eat so many damn acorns and chestnuts.

Some kalbi - Korean ribs - can be marvelous. But country-style or beef ribs cooked slowly in a smoker, then with a sweet-tart sauce is great too.

Of course you had to mention kalbi. When I go out with my in-laws, 90% of the time we have kalbi. I like it, but too much can make you feel gross because the marinades tend to be super salty and super sweet. Guess that's why they serve it with lettuce wraps.

2. Venison or elk. Not the farm raised, might as well be beef stuff. I am talking Michigan wild game that spends it's life getting nice and flavorful on wild grasses. No wild game in the city. Makes me sad.

Just gotta find em :rolleyes:

Around me, there are tons of huge deer running around. I really just want to grab my bow and head out [biggrin]

Evol...

Kalbi is like bbq ribs in the US: everybody is an expert and everybody does it differently and better than everybody else. They just don't quite brag about it quite the way Americans tend to but... I think that's another proof that there are certain things we all have in common.

<grin>

m

Archived