Gibson Brands Forums

Slash at the Super Bowl!

Mr. Natural

Yep that was kind weird he stood there playing in a sequined hat while Fergie did whatever that's called rubbing all over him. She looked just like my wife's f#$%#g cat when it rubs up against something. It was good to see the vocals were live at least. I'm not sure anymore why but I think I prefer crappy vocals over all the recording and lip syncing that goes on now days. [thumbdn]

At least they remembered the words and didn't tank the words for one of the best known song in America like Christina Aguilera did.

At least it was a pretty good game this year. The best part of the Game was my squares came up twice tonight so I won $750.00. [thumbup]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I sat through that half-time show.

Not a fan of the BEPs. It's funny. I told Californiagirl that I wasn't going to be critical of their performance.

I sat there and didn't say a word.

And now... I'm with you guys. So I can truthfully say,

"Holycrap! That was terrible. Those guys sucked. What a terrible performance."

If I was Slash, I would have turned it down.

Well for the first time in as long as I can remember, the game was actually better than the commercials! The BEP's sucked (I'm shocked!), Slash was, as always, an overrated player on display for no apparent reason. What is this halftime show obsession, anyway? [confused] It's a friggin' game!

And don't even get me going on Aguilara's "version" of the Star Spangled Banner [thumbdn]

Would have been better if he had just performed the whole halftime show instead of a 15 second snippet in the middle of a crapstorm.

That's what I was thinking. He came out and I had a hard time believing it was even Slash. I could hardly hear his guitar playing on Sweet Child of Mine. Black Eyed Peas turned Misirlou into crap. The mixing was horrible. When they weren't lip-synching, they were using autotune.

Shame on you XdemonKnight, Primus is above a measly Super Bowl halftime show.

Four years ago Prince tore it up with the A&M marching band. Best halftime show since MJ.

Three years ago Tom Petty kind of bombed because of the engineers and the pace, but it was okay. We forgive him.

Two years ago, the Boss put on a pretty decent show for an old man.

Last year, The Who did their thing (a little less than inspiring, but hey, its The Who).

This year, the Peas put on an abomination of a show that can only loosely be categorized as music or entertainment.

For being a commercial and mainstream program like the Super Bowl, your not going to hit a home run every year. Its easy to say they sucked, but there are probably some tone deaf hip-hop fans that thought it was pretty dope. I felt a little sick to my stomach, but hey, it is what it is. Hopefully next year they will recruit some better talent.

Shame on you XdemonKnight, Primus is above a measly Super Bowl halftime show.

Why do you think I said I'd hate to see them do something so mainstream? That caveat doesn't even really scratch the surface of what would be wrong with Primus doing the halftime show, but I agree with you that they're above it, for many reasons.

Don't shoot your mouth off at me.

Why do you think I said I'd hate to see them do something so mainstream? That caveat doesn't even really scratch the surface of what would be wrong with Primus doing the halftime show, but I agree with you that they're above it, for many reasons.

Don't shoot your mouth off at me.

Oh you mad [cursing]

I don't get why everyone cuts slack for the rock bands that play, but any pop artist, people tear them apart.

I thought the Who was awful last year, the man has completely lost his voice [thumbdn]

Oh you mad [cursing]

I don't get why everyone cuts slack for the rock bands that play, but any pop artist, people tear them apart.

I thought the Who was awful last year, the man has completely lost his voice [thumbdn]

I saw Roger with Eric Clapton about a month later and he sounded alright, not wonderful, but alright. His band (not the Who) kicked major ***! The halftime show musta' been an off night.

I saw Roger with Eric Clapton about a month later and he sounded alright, not wonderful, but alright. His band (not the Who) kicked major ***! The halftime show musta' been an off night.

Yeah I'm guessing it was an off night, but it was pretty bad last year. I like the Who but that was pretty terrible

Would have been better if he had just performed the whole halftime show instead of a 15 second snippet in the middle of a crapstorm.

+1 I didn't even watch the Halftime show because it was the "crapstorm" of BEP,(don't even want to dignify them by spelling out their name). When my daughter yelled out to me in the other room that Slash was playing, I quickly went in to see that but immediately left after Slash was done. "Crapstorm", good description. What a joke, hopefully they'll come to their senses and get someone better and more respectable for next year's Superbowl.

Loved the game though. Congrats to the Packers!!!

… and not one but two lame commercials featuring Eminem, who I thought was better than that.

As a Michigan native with strong Detroit roots (my old man was born and raised in Detroit proper) I liked the Chrysler Eminem commercial a lot even if it was bogus grandstanding (what the **** has Chrysler ever done for Detroit?).

Finally watched the half time show online today. Words cannot even describe how bad it was. Not so much the effects and dancing, but the singing was not in time and way off key. Guess even I did not realize what a ProTools and AutoTune group the BEPs are.

As a Michigan native with strong Detroit roots (my old man was born and raised in Detroit proper) I liked the Chrysler Eminem commercial a lot even if it was bogus grandstanding (what the **** has Chrysler ever done for Detroit?).

Finally watched the half time show online today. Words cannot even describe how bad it was. Not so much the effects and dancing, but the singing was not in time and way off key. Guess even I did not realize what a ProTools and AutoTune group the BEPs are.

Have you ever heard any of their music before? Total autotune

I guess having a 15 year old sister really sucks, especially when she keeps playing the sam damn song over and over again....

I guess having a 15 year old sister really sucks, especially when she keeps playing the sam damn song over and over again....

I feel you there... 'cept mine is 18.

I really want to see a halftime show with someone who has talent eclipsing that of a brain dead cat. The black eyed peas? Really? F'ck we're all screwed! I want to see someone play who can fill a stadium with something that kicks utter ***.

I would've preferred the cat...

I feel you there... 'cept mine is 18.

I really want to see a halftime show with someone who has talent eclipsing that of a brain dead cat. The black eyed peas? Really? F'ck we're all screwed! I want to see someone play who can fill a stadium with something that kicks utter ***.

I would've preferred the cat...

I'd rather be with your 18 year old sister than my 15 year old sister [laugh]

On a serious note, that's what I don't get! I mean there are plenty of good artists that play to a stadium of people and sound killer

And to go from Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Who all of which are "old timers" and then go to Black Eyed Peas? Nooooo, just wrong

Archived