Gibson Brands Forums

watching Grammys?

saturn

Yeah, I am. Notice quite a few Gibsons...go figure.

Another thing I noticed. I'm listening to this Lady Antebellum song called "Need You Now". I've never heard it before but I said to my wife that it sounds like the old Alan Parsons song "Eye In The Sky". I looked it up on YT and saw people were already posting the same comment. So it's not just me :-k

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very anti-award-shows...

My Sunday night? I'm sick with the flu. I have homework I should be doing, but my head is too cloudy to really do it well. I also have a "get out of class free card" from the health services office, which is good until I'm feeling well enough to attend class, so...

It won't kill me to miss a day of classes. I'll probably be better off for it, honestly.

I'm not big on the Grammys.

I've seen them before and always end up asking myself, "What were they thinking?"

It never fails.

Metallica getting aced out by Jethro Tull for "Best Heavy Metal Band."

There's always too much pop/hip-hop/rap for my taste.

I'm also a bit like John Lennon too. I don't think he liked the Grammys either.

An awards show for music indeed!

OK, I am watching the show...the opening was good....

Can somebody please explain whole Eminem thing to me..I mean really...

What is this guy so pissed off about?

He just did a trio and a good 50% of it had to be bleeped, apparently that is his strong suit, he didn't sing, he just ranted...oh yeah and grimaced into the camera...and kicked into the air, like wow...man...great talent...

Is his life really that bad? So you're a white boy singing rap...or what ever you call it...

Sorry folks, I like rebels and all that stuff, but after you've made it big and get the mansions limos and car commercials during the Super Bowl the whole bitter angry street thug thing is a joke...

I have a great idea,,,some young person should try this....

Get a ass0 tattooed on your forehead,,,,put some tacks in your shoes so you're face is always twisted....and swear a lot...and you too can be a star!!!!

Just to make sure take a name like Enema....or something edgy like that.... [thumbup]

i just saw the award for best rock album..it was, tom petty, niel young, pearl jam, JEFF BECK, and the winner was muse?

nothing against muse, i'm sure they are great, perhaps they deserve a grammy for something, maybe i'm like OLD? i don't call that rock. and before, seacrest introduced a power trio. did we forget what that was already?

i can't really talk, because i'm on the internet, but i feel really old and out of it.

I'm not big on the Grammys.

I've seen them before and always end up asking myself, "What were they thinking?"

It never fails.

Metallica getting aced out by Jethro Tull for "Best Heavy Metal Band."

There's always too much pop/hip-hop/rap for my taste.

I'm also a bit like John Lennon too. I don't think he liked the Grammys either.

An awards show for music indeed!

Oh I don't know when the mood struck John would do almost anything.

My wife was watching it so I happened to catch the Norah Jones, John Mayer and Keith Urban cover of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" - it was quite good actually. Some nice guitarin and Norah has a great voice.

That's all I saw though...for the rest I was playing guitar. :)

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the Grammy's. I watched most of it and I hear people raving about some music that, in my opinion, is just bad. I don't mean it's not my favorite, I mean it's just bad. Bad song, no melody, bad singing, etc.

It just adds credability to the idea that a good artist and a good song can't compete with a weak artist and a good publicist.

My wife was watching it so I happened to catch the Norah Jones, John Mayer and Keith Urban cover of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" - it was quite good actually. Some nice guitarin and Norah has a great voice.

Watch Jack White cover Jolene, blew my mind. Only Jack White can sing covers of songs about wanting another man and not sound homosexual

I noticed that neither of their guitars was plugged in.

Archived