Gibson Brands Forums

Will Gibson sponsor me?

Jazzmaster, Tele, Gretsch Duo Jet... I can deal with that

sign me up!

When I was younger I was a one man brand, now that I am a little older I realized how much of a ****** I was for that. I messed around with Tele and really enjoyed the sound coming out of it.

When I was younger I was a one man brand, now that I am a little older I realized how much of a ****** I was for that. I messed around with Tele and really enjoyed the sound coming out of it.

Tele and fuzz is insane. I can live with that. A Gretsch Duo Jet will cover all my bases that my LP does, and is a kick as instrument

So will Gretsch/Fender sponsor me?

I think yer thinkina "sponsor" in like a Shawn White kinda way and unfortunately in the Guitar World, that isn't how it works.

You can endorse them, just send them a note calling yourself an endorser. ee. Whatever. It and 4 bucks will get you a large coffee. Until you sell a few mil, then maybe you'll get some guitars at a good price and some help with them if they ever bust on you.

rct

I like the endorsee suggestion..you should do it. You would look good doing it.

As for sponsorship, there are different levels of sponsership. It could range from free handmade guitars to a few stickers. I have no doubt they would make you a Fred Fuzzball signature, but you will have to pay for it I'm sure. But they may give you the token 5% discount or whatever it is.

Chances are, they may sponser you with stickers if you endorse them, but Don't feel hurt if you have to constantly remind them of who you are every time you call.

Sponsor you.....hell they won't even send me a $10 part for a (their MSRP) $14,000 guitar, because it's not a "prepackaged part" available through the Gibson Gear division, and I'm a professional guitar player.

This company's so tight....(add your own saying here, I usually use the one about the tail end of a frog).

Barked up that tree.............I MADE A BIG ANUS OF MYSELF!!!!!!! Tried it with Fender too. The experience with them on that fourm ( which I got kicked off of for unknown reasons....tried signing up again under a different username/password but it said that the email adress is still in use, yet, when I tried signing IN, it said that the user/password was incorrec......Some of you are on that fourm too. I am Nikoblatz on that forum....remember me? I was a regular at the Mike Eldred/ Fender Custom Shop sections ) was much better. Nobody ridiculed me or told me I am going to turn into the teeney bopper that dare not speak his name.

Yes, Fred, Gibson will absolutely sponsor you. Give them a call. I'm sure they will be honored to hear from you. 1-800-DUH-HUHH. :)

It's official. I asked them about the Hendrix Strat, told them to put my name on it and I will rep the hell out of it.

Thanks!

Sponsor you.....hell they won't even send me a $10 part for a (their MSRP) $14,000 guitar, because it's not a "prepackaged part" available through the Gibson Gear division, and I'm a professional guitar player.

This company's so tight....(add your own saying here, I usually use the one about the tail end of a frog).

Maybe you just need to comb your hair over the front of your head.

Or something.

Did buying a $14k piece mark you as a a ... never mind.

Companies will only invest if there is something to invest in. I could invest in my big fat dog, but that will get me nowhere. If you present Gibson or Fender with something that could potentially turn them profit, then they'll be more likely to go for it.

Archived