Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic amp help

brannon67

For me its the Marshall AS-50D or 100D.

I started on the 50D and when we moved to playing pubs I bought the 100D as not only having a lovelly warm tone, multiple effects units it has also two guitar and mike inputs, which is perfect for our setup.

For me its the Marshall AS-50D or 100D.

I started on the 50D and when we moved to playing pubs I bought the 100D as not only having a lovelly warm tone, multiple effects units it has also two guitar and mike inputs, which is perfect for our setup.

[thumbup]

I am very pleased with my Ultrasound DS-4. Great amp and produces the natural sound of the guitar. I use an LR Baggs Venue DI. The amp has gotten great reviews. I had a DS-3 and it too was a great amp. The DS-4 has the phantom power for condenser mics and if your guitar has an active pickup, with the phantom power you don't need a battery in the guitar's pre-amp. The price of a DS-4 also makes it very attractive.

+1 on the posts advocating the Marshall AS 50. Great amp, good value and lots of features for us tweakers. Gigged it quite a few times in small pubs and it did a fine job. I recently sold mine and have bought a Fishman Loudbox 100 which is awesome. Much smaller but louder. Try one if you see one.

I play my HB Artist with LR Baggs M1 passive pickup through this one:

http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?id=13

It has limits but mostly in terms of EQ. Otherwise it's the cleanest, most neutral amp I have ever tried. PJB is coming out with a new version with 2 inputs: I'll buy it as soon as it is available.

Thia is the one Ive been wanting. Small, clean, acoustic tone with plenty of volume for the small time playing I do.

RMS.. RMSAC40. Good price, quality. Not the best, certainly. But depends what your needs are. I was just looking to make louder music with my accoustics, don't have electrics - not performing. If I want to hear the 'pure' high, lonely sound - I do it unplugged. I wanted an amp because I found it helps point out mistakes. The RMS does a good job of that! G'luck!!

Archived