Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars that give you gas.

40959_l.jpg

So tasty

Jack_White_41549t.jpg

Jack White's Duo Jet. Except in black, I still want the three pickups though, with individual switches like he has, but I want a SHO boost inside

Oh, and this

ff-007.jpg

I actually talked to the guy that built it, I told him straight up I'm 18 and won't have the money for a while, but asked if he could spend some time and if I could tell him about some ideas I had and what we could do to make it happen. Basically, it would start with the stock 6118 JR (when I find one) and turn it into a double cutaway. From there, I would add on the third pickup, get rid of the master volume, have individual switches installed, and I would have the Green Bullet mod where he added one onto the guitar so you can just pull it out and use that mic through whatever effects you have on the guitar. He said labor for that would be close to 2 grand, and the guitars can be found for 1500-2000 so for right around 4 grand, I would have the guitar of my dreams. It will happen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ff-007.jpg

I actually talked to the guy that built it, I told him straight up I'm 18 and won't have the money for a while, but asked if he could spend some time and if I could tell him about some ideas I had and what we could do to make it happen. Basically, it would start with the stock 6118 JR (when I find one) and turn it into a double cutaway. From there, I would add on the third pickup, get rid of the master volume, have individual switches installed, and I would have the Green Bullet mod where he added one onto the guitar so you can just pull it out and use that mic through whatever effects you have on the guitar. He said labor for that would be close to 2 grand, and the guitars can be found for 1500-2000 so for right around 4 grand, I would have the guitar of my dreams. It will happen

You'll be needin a permit fer all them kn0bs 'n switcheroonies.

rct

You'll be needin a permit fer all them kn0bs 'n switcheroonies.

rct

I believe one controls the mic volume, he has an onboard theremin... a mother****ing theremin on his guitar, I think he also has an onboard boost... that dude has crazy guitars. He won't say what he has on his guitars, so its all guesses.

I'd have to say an SG Standard in Cherry or Alpine White if I could find it, SG Custom in White, Les Paul Standard in Lightburst, Tobacco Burst or Cherry Sunburst; and a White Les Paul custom. I would also like to have a decent USA made Strat.

Snow's gone on the plains; some still on the mountains you can see from town.

The snow and above average rainfall are what's bringing Missouri River flooding through North and South Dakota and probably downstream into Missouri. 150,000 cfs expected soon.

It doesn't get much coverage 'cuz a third of the state's National Guard, Army and Air, are busting their bippies to maintain levees and such they built from scratch and folks are evacuated from areas more likely to be flooded. Since it's being handled well in advance and with ongoing "Guard" guarding stuff it doesn't make news much.

m

There are several guitars that give me everlasting GAS and they are in no particular order:'58-'60 L.P. standard cherry or lemon burst with PAFs,'64 reverse body Firebird VII.'54 Strat,'62-'65 L series Strat,Rickenbacker 325/64,,and Rickenbacker 360/12,'63 Gretsch Country Gentleman,Older model Martin D-28,Gibson SJ200,Hummingbird,J-45 and Dove,Fender XII,Fender Coronado and '70's Starcaster,Monkees Gretsch,Coral electric Sitar.

A Rickenbacker 4003 bass in Midnight Blue is my GAS attack. Lucky for me the neck is a bit to big for my small size hands. Oh yeah, they're just over $2,000. Buckaroos with tax. Send for the Dr., cause I'm dying of the blues.

^^^

Um, the binding isn't period correct, the logo is off-centered, the knobs should be a different color, and Gibson didn't

use that color that year....So, might be a fake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper][scared] :unsure: [crying][sneaky] ....

Actually, what IS that Gibby Duane ???? [drool] [drool] [drool] ...

This is one gave me enough GAS that now it's on its way. Gets here tomorrow.

gibson_sgstandard24.jpg

That looks beautiful. Do some good playing with it, when you get it.

I still want one of these

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=360/12

and also A hammer Archtop. I saw one in Guitar world Mag when I was like 14 you cant get them in Australia, Ive never played one but man that was one sexy looking guitar. Oh and Gibson wise I'd love if they made a Gold top without a Pickguard. P90's sweet. I might have to go custom shop to get one.

DV016_Jpg_Large_520149.060_tropical_turquoise_body_angle.jpg

Eric Johnson RW. Sure, he's batsh1t crazy, and sure, if I want a roswewood board I'll use onea me Gibsons, but man, I'm a sucker for a bound Fedner.

rct

The store near me has a used one of these beauties with heaps of memorabilia from the shop Im not game to ask the price.

I still want one of these

http://www.rickenbac...sp?model=360/12

and also A hammer Archtop. I saw one in Guitar world Mag when I was like 14 you cant get them in Australia, Ive never played one but man that was one sexy looking guitar. Oh and Gibson wise I'd love if they made a Gold top without a Pickguard. P90's sweet. I might have to go custom shop to get one.

Emnity; Go to the Epi Lounge....Check out the thread from May 02 2011 Titled " Gibson Goldtop For Sale "

by my friend RaSTus................It is your GAS..................and mine as well..............

Emnity; Go to the Epi Lounge....Check out the thread from May 02 2011 Titled " Gibson Goldtop For Sale "

by my friend RaSTus................It is your GAS..................and mine as well..............

Couldnt find it. Once I got to 30th of may it came up with an error code. But thanks anyway

Archived