Gibson Brands Forums

What time do you get up for work?

Silenced Fred

I have to be up at like 4:30am to get there by around 5:30. Granted, its just two days a week, but it sucks

Anyone else have to be up early?

I work in the IT dept and I have to be at work about 5am, just early enough to do some networking/computer fixing and updating before the 9 to 5 time employees arrive for work. So, i'm up about 3:30 am as well and I do this 5 days a week sometimes 6 days a week. I'm off from work at 1pm and plenty of time to do stuff before 8:30 pm bed time. I love my work [flapper]

Between 5:30am and 6:00am. I have been doing this for so long I usually wake up on my own before my alarm goes off. My body alarm clock does play havoc on the weekends if I go to bed late.

4:15 pm.....leave by 5:15.......start my shift @ 6:pm

normally off work at 2:30am, sometimes earlier, sometimes later depending on the workload.

I set my own hours and workdays, but it's normally monday-friday nights.

I'm a "strawboss" in that i'm nightshift foreman over my department, which puts me in charge of....myself, because i'm the only pm worker, but they need somebody responsible for crucial decisions,reports,communications concerning my dept. as opposed to other depts. that also have a pm shift.

I'm the only pm worker with my own key to the Operations Mgrs., Vice Pres' & President/C.E.O.s offices, and I have to enter these nightly to deposit my processing reports on their respective desks/filing cabinets/etc.

I can work any holidays I choose to (as long as there's processing to do) for 2.5x my normal pay-rate, and can work unlimited overtime (1.5x)as long as i'm processing.

I'm up to 5 weeks vacation a year, and can take it an hour at a time to a week at a time, soley at my discretion.

I've worked for over 26 years for one of the best paying/benefitted employers in my state, which is a (possibly THE) world leader in the recycling of precious metals.

since I HAVE to work, I can't realistically think of a better place considering I don't even have a H/S diploma.

I was kinda hoping that when I got a real job, the hours would get better... Sheesh [crying]

You know Fred, Jimmy Page had to wake up early, I mean early for all his

session work. He never complained though, and look where it got him?

Hang in there little buddy, things get better!!!

You know Fred, Jimmy Page had to wake up early, I mean early for all his

session work. He never complained though, and look where it got him?

Hang in there little buddy, things get better!!!

:rolleyes:

Guess I should start doing drugs too. I mean look where it got so many rock stars

That's what is holding me back

I'm up at 4am every day - an early start and an early finish means I miss the worst of the peak hour traffic. I haven't been able to sleep in on weekends for years though, I wake up without the alarm no matter what

Archived