Gibson Brands Forums

number one on your birthday

Guest Farnsbarns

I scored. On my birthday, it was "heard it through the grapevine"-Marvin Gaye of corse.

On the day I was conceived, it was "sitting at the dock of the bay" by Steve Cropper (or Otis, actually). It was #1 before and after enough to be certain.

I was conceived next to a dumpster behind a theater in Downey, CA.

So....what was #1 when you were conceived?

Nope, new guitar days are on hold till we get married, and a house to put them in. I don't have time enough now to treat my electric ladies right as it is! Although I did consider an Epi Mandolin which technically isn't a guitar, but well you know what it's like trying to bend the rules at home [tongue]

Thanks for the wishes Stein [thumbup]

Sweet! The Scots Guards are one of my favorite groups.

Have you ever seen the Steve Martin movie "LA Stories"? It has some great bagpipe music in it.

I never caught that Steve Martin movie, sure like him though (and bagpipes). I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Number one on the day I was born was Elton John and Kiki Dee, don't go breaking my heart. Not a bad little tune but not my cuppa. What was number one in the day you where born and do you like it?

In case you don't already know, I looked this up...

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthdayno1

(funny, when I typed Kiki into my phone it tried to change it to Milo, given the D and Dee connection I found that amusing. Could this stick as a new nick name for Milo? )

i feel love - donner summer [biggrin]

Some response to a couple of these....

Saturn... "Love is Blue" was pretty much an orchestral type thing - although it translates relatively well to solo piano or classical guitar.

The Fleetwoods were two girls and a guy, usually pretty much with the guy carrying the lyric. There are several of their versions on youtube. Very soft stuff, really, even by standards of the day.

As for milod being "DD..." Actually when my little sister was a toddler, she did call me that 'cuz my folks called me "MD." We performed together quite a bit up to 1957, as also my folks sang together for various small town events. My sis is a grandma living in Texas nowadays and may still do a bit of singing.

m

Archived