Gibson Brands Forums

Your 1st Guitar Or Bass Amp?

MrNylon

my first amp was a 10 watt Marshall practice amp. Don't even remember the model but it predated the valvestate amps of the 90's. I suspect it may have been an 80's amp. It was definately a SS model. It totally sucked and I'm glad I sold it.

My second amp was a Peavey Classic Chorus 2x12... kept that for about 11 years. Also solid state but it sounded so good on the clean channel, all it needed was the right distortion box in front.

• 2 months later...

I think I had some little no-name practice amp. The first real amp I had was a Peavey Classic. Sold it right after I got married and we were living in an apartment.

Greg1985-1.jpg

I bought another one very similar, but even a few years older off CL earlier this year.

Peavey003.jpg

What was the first guitar or bass amp you started out with? I started out with a used Sears Silvertone amp for a SG Jr. six stringer. When I started bass, I bought a used Kent Amp. The Kent kept me going until I went to a Traynor Bass Amp.

Fender Frontman 212R

I started as a bassist in 1963...my first real amp was a Sears Silvertone tube bass amp with 2 12" Jensens. Around 1973, I sold it to a guitar player for a little more that the original price. I saw one yesterday on eBay for around $1200.

The bass I was playing through it was an original Danelectro Longhorn that I bought with its factory hard case for $130. I played that bass in bar bands till the mid 1970's then sold it to buy a Telecaster 6 string.

mark

Archived