Gibson Brands Forums

Your 1st Guitar Or Bass Amp?

MrNylon

What was the first guitar or bass amp you started out with? I started out with a used Sears Silvertone amp for a SG Jr. six stringer. When I started bass, I bought a used Kent Amp. The Kent kept me going until I went to a Traynor Bass Amp.

Well, I got started on playing the bass just last week. Last week I puchased my first bass, Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass, and my first bass amp, Fender Rumble 75. On the guitar, I started out with a Tiesco Del Ray electric that looks like a demented strat and my first amp was a silver face vibro champ. Man I wish I still had that del ray and vibro champ.

Never played bass before and made two youtube videos the week i started playing the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIuWZL8N2_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVmjh9aSx3w&NR=1

How about both? The first guitar was a cheapy silvertone-like(not the dano) thingy that I had for about 2 months until I got a strat.

The first bass amp I had was a BASSMAN 135 that I ran through a cab I modified to run a single 15" Fender JBL. (A D130F I think)

My first Amplification was one of these into one of these

ibanez_ts10_001.jpgNMMp.jpg

with speakers from a Cheap home Stereo so I wouldn't blow the original speakers.

I played through that for about a year until I finally got this, My First Real Guitar Amplifier....

2673903620100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

Fender Deluxe 85. Still have it, and the dirty channel still works great. The clean channel is definitely worse for wear.

my 1st guitar amp was an openback Fender tube amp......the control plate had been painted over so I have no idea exactly what it was.......it was 45w, 12ax7's & 6L6gc's, thru a 15" Chicago Jensen w/a tiny(4" I think) magnet.....black tolex/wheat grillecloth....any ideas?

Next was a Peavey Nashville 400 2x12"that had been modded w/Black Widow speakers...

then I started playing the bass, and had a small Peavey bass amp that I can't remember the model of....

Next was back to 6-stringers through a '70 Univox 105w stack model U-1010 that a dear friend gave me when he was close to passing from agent orange cancer. I still have the amp, but the head's a complete wreck, so i'm m fixing to gut & rebuild it.

bottom row,left of center,8x10" spkr holes

old catalog page

GarysCam134.jpg

GarysCam142.jpg

I still have my first guitar amp that I got for Christmas in 1967,it's a Paul amp made by Pine Electronics in Montreal.The amp still has the original tubes and I sometimes run it through my Marshall 1960B cabinet for a great overdrive tone even though it's only 5 W.

Archived