Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

OK, a few disclaimers here, I've NOT listened to any of the previous posts (sorry), but I feel (as intended) a little called out here.

I'm working on a 10 year old computer that gets completely locked up on all these YouTube posts. I promise I WILL go back and listen to what has been posted, but for now here's my offering:

Last Wednesday at the Black Cat Theater in Maplewood, Missouri, driving the Big Band. I swerved onto the shoulder a couple of times (and kicked up some gravel), but at least I didn't completely DERAIL.....

The song turned out pretty good, THE GUITAR SOLO COULD HAVE BEEN LOUDER.........

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a couple I wrote (I did all the parts). Two different styles...

Rocketman, I loved them both! In fact the first song, Hendrixesque in a very good way, kicked my butt! Loved it. Both were great. I love hearing original stuff.

This is (I think) the most recent video of me playing live. -It's from a gig we played last Christmas Eve. I've played gigs since then, but I don't have the video of it. This was shot by my girlfriend on her phone, so the audio ain't that happenin', and there's some dorky between song talking. Also, the day of this gig, our bass player got hitched, so that's what is going on at the end. Anyway, there are two songs. The first is called Spirit Bear, and the second one (starts around 4:00) is called Failed Badass. I wrote the guitar stuff for both of them. They're both © 2009 and 2010 Born In A Barn Music, blah blah blah. The band is called Hombre, the venue is called Howlers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfm9T8RKXU

I second the "is steve in your band" comment, and would like to add on, he really gets into his music! **** son!

that's some tasty playing, you never cease to amaze me man [thumbup]

Simon,

Thanks for creating this; it is one of the best threads in a long time here! The board on the whole is a very friendly virtual community and people should post more and not be afraid! The amount of times I have heard a clip, then been inspired to log off and go and play my guitar!! To me, that is what a guitar music site is about and my main reason for being here.

Even a cheap Les Paul copy can look nice in an uploaded jpg, so pictures I can take or leave, but to hear someone share their personality through their instrument; even if they are beginners and not doing anything 'flashy' , just the act of putting it out there I think is the coolest thing because we all learn from each others own unique way of interpretation.

Matt .

No worries Matt!!

We still on for Sat??

Regards

Guest farnsbarns

Simon,

Thanks for creating this; it is one of the best threads in a long time here! The board on the whole is a very friendly virtual community and people should post more and not be afraid! The amount of times I have heard a clip, then been inspired to log off and go and play my guitar!! To me, that is what a guitar music site is about and my main reason for being here.

Even a cheap Les Paul copy can look nice in an uploaded jpg, so pictures I can take or leave, but to hear someone share their personality through their instrument; even if they are beginners and not doing anything 'flashy' , just the act of putting it out there I think is the coolest thing because we all learn from each others own unique way of interpretation.

Matt .

Agreed, great thread. It amazes me that when music is posted on here everyone goes out of their way to be positive and constructive, especially given that you could be hated for liking this, that, or the other famous guitarist.

Agreed, great thread. It amazes me that when music is posted on here everyone goes out of their way to be positive and constructive, especially given that you could be hated for liking this, that, or the other famous guitarist.

Farns, Thats probably because were all (most of us) in the same boat...

Guest farnsbarns

Farns, Thats probably because were all (most of us) in the same boat...

Don't now about that. Most stuff posted is a much higher standard than mine.

I've posted a few time. Hit me up if you want links. Hope to have brand spanking new demos with my new band on line before EOY.

be sure to hit me up with a link when you get a chance brother!

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the links are in my sig. I hope to write another song today, I haven't for a long time and I have a few ideas to work with

Superb!! Fantastic job...great tone. You got the feel for the blues my friend. I really enjoyed this video. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Yes, I also liked your guitar playing, Tman, its good sound. This sound is often lacking in our band. And Searcy, the second your thing is similar to…, I said, but the first is quite unusual, may be, your vocal inserts need more reverb.

Here my friend, Jan from New York, shows us how to play rock-n-roll (Matchbox) [flapper] . He was pleased with that record and from a visit to us and he suddenly decided to play an unplanned thing, we hardly were in time behind him. At first he speaks about our engineer, who alone did both video and audio recording. I have presented our engineer as our Russian George Martin and Jan probably began to feel like at Abbey Road :) Though then we also felt as at Abbey Road.:

O.K.........I haven't been able to watch these awesome vids.....My gal changed some setting on my computer...

That's why I just bought her a laptop......Dang, I want to watch these.......[cursing][crying][scared]](*,) ](*,) ](*,) .......

Hello, Damian. I am glad to see you.

They speak, you are - a phenom, and as you know, the phenomenon is always interesting. [thumbup] . And OK, I will look at your things on SoundCloud and I will let you know, maybe tomorrow.

Would like to here Damien here??? [rolleyes]

Would like to here Damien here??? [rolleyes]

The truth is that I have copied interesting Avatar of Damian still a few months ago and showed this picture ( the shooting cat) on the Russian music forum [rolleyes] where was a topic about the hateful russian corruption and by the way, after that disputes immediately stopped [biggrin]

I second the "is steve in your band" comment, and would like to add on, he really gets into his music! **** son!

that's some tasty playing, you never cease to amaze me man [thumbup]

Haha. I didn't realize that they do kinda look alike. Perhaps distant cross-Atlantic cousins? I'm kidding of course. Thanks for the kind words man.

Archived