Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

Here is a song I wrote and recorded on a deserted Hebridean island.

Lovely; I thought I heard the birds half-way through. Please excuse me but I have to steal Valeriy's comment; "anything superfluous isn't present, all on the place and is created a certain mood."

There are some ancient, magical places up there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a song I wrote and recorded on a deserted Hebridean island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN2sx-P-SKk

That is very beautiful playing. And a really nicely constructed piece of music. If it's not your thing, (nerves, ability, inclination or whatever) you should think about finding a lyricist / vocalist to work with. There is the making of a classic new folk song in what you have recorded. ps. what did you use to record? It sounded good for outdoors.

Thanks Manse, I have had several people tell me that I should put lyrics to that tune but it is the melody that I struggle with. I have tried a few times but other than the chorus hook, any vocalther melody structure that i try to add sounds crass and contrived. Maybe I need to go back to the island for further inspiration.

I recorded that using a very cheap Zoom Q3 which has two condenser mic's that are excellent.

ZOOMQ3.jpg

http://www.billygreen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/LAD.mp3

I don't know if this'll work. This is a demo from about 1981/2. It's Tony Martin (Black Sabbath) on vocals. It's not a great demo, but I had all the good stuff stolen.

Well your solos were better than my solos! Though I've never heard the song before I know where you're coming from; it's very evocative. There were some great times in those days.

Izzy....

NO NO NO!!!!

<chortle>

At my age, 1970s is "New school rock!"

Not "Old school rock."

See what getting older does to yah?

<grin>

m

[blush] I'm so incensitive sometimes. lol #-o

Yeah, well...

All kidding aside? I hope you're here in another 35 years to make similar teasing comments to the "kids" who are talking about, and making their own music.

Just don't blame me for you getting older. That's your own fault, and you may as well keep doing it. <grin>

m

Just modded my LP and played a gig last weekend!

New tonepro bridge and stop tailpiece, tonepro vintage kluson replacements with high ratio, bone nut and burst bucker 1 and 2s. It is an LP classic from 1995. Played through a line 6 small pre amp into a Marshall combo. I had it on "insane" overdrive setting because it's a Boston song.

Long Time. Our band is called Geezer and we get together once a year after communicating by email. Most of these guys are guys I used to play with in the 1970's in Little Rock Arkansas (my avatar days).

This was for a benefit concert for the Arkansas Alzheimer's association.

I think we did a pretty decent job. I over pulled some notes and played some frankly wrong notes but it didn't seem like the audience could tell! [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fR1KmAxhjs

Outstanding Tman!!! Really enjoyed it and wish I could have been there for the rest of the night.

GB

Thanks GB! I get to do this rarely anymore and it was a real blast, especially with guys I used to play with so long ago. It was amazing that some of our non verbal queues from way back then returned instantly like it was yesterday.

Thanks GB! I get to do this rarely anymore and it was a real blast, especially with guys I used to play with so long ago. It was amazing that some of our non verbal queues from way back then returned instantly like it was yesterday.

That's the sign of a good group Tman. It takes a lot of unspoken cues to keep a sound like you have going...and as you know, it comes with a lot of time together, a lot of practice, and the fun you are obviously having with that group to put together that great sound. Kudos man. Keep on rockin'.

GB

Archived