Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the sign of a good group Tman. It takes a lot of unspoken cues to keep a sound like you have going...and as you know, it comes with a lot of time together, a lot of practice, and the fun you are obviously having with that group to put together that great sound. Kudos man. Keep on rockin'.

GB

Thanks GB, I met the drummer and other guitarist in 77 and we played until 79 when we all went to our respective careers. We've done this 3 times now and it really rekindles those old feelings of what it means to be in a band even though we do it once a year. My wife now understands completely what GAS is and it's different than just 3 years ago.

Yea very cool, even down on the knees [biggrin] Rock"n"roll [thumbup]

Thanks Sellen. I was afraid I would fall back when trying to get up and look like a buffoon. [scared]

I saw Boston play this back in 77-78, you guys played this song much better than they did.

[scared] Big Bill! I'm sure Tom Scholz didn't have problems with feedback control [crying][biggrin]

Guy, our singer for that one, really has some pipes (as well as a phenomenal guitar player) and I know he would be blown away at a comparison to Brad Delp.

They must have had an off day. :unsure:

Here's a compilation of about 4 songs (since I'm posting) [smile] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhmRM239KI

[scared] Big Bill! I'm sure Tom Scholz didn't have problems with feedback control [crying][biggrin]

Guy, our singer for that one, really has some pipes (as well as a phenomenal guitar player) and I know he would be blown away at a comparison to Brad Delp.

They must have had an off day. :unsure:

Here's a compilation of about 4 songs (since I'm posting) [smile] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhmRM239KI

As I said before Tman, I wish I could have been there for the rest of the night. You guys do very well together and you have a knack for leaving people wanting more. Me included.

[biggrin]

Thanks so much GB and The Pipster!

With a moniker like Grey Beard you are probably familiar with all of these songs, like me [biggrin]

Those songs are some of my favorites and around here my band is one of the few that used to play that kind of music. Most of the bands near us are considerably younger guys and have a tendency to play a lot more recent styles. Its ok but not what we grew up with. You and your guys are more suited to my taste in music and you do it well. [thumbup]

GB

Those songs are some of my favorites and around here my band is one of the few that used to play that kind of music. Most of the bands near us are considerably younger guys and have a tendency to play a lot more recent styles. Its ok but not what we grew up with. You and your guys are more suited to my taste in music and you do it well. [thumbup]

GB

GB I heard your boys are back soundcloud clip. Awesome! I want to hear some more!

I've posted here before but I'm new to the one man band jams... I recorded this using my keyboard, bass, Boss Looper, and then laid down some guitar on top of it while it looped through my keyboard amp... not a high tech recording and I'm still working on getting the levels of each loop right but it's not too bad for the second one of these one man band jams...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDpCEgs_AI&feature=youtu.be

I think we did a pretty decent job. I over pulled some notes and played some frankly wrong notes but it didn't seem like the audience could tell! [biggrin]

That was bad a$$! Looked like you guys had a blast and sounded like the audience did too. Go Geezers!

That was bad a$$! Looked like you guys had a blast and sounded like the audience did too. Go Geezers!

Thanks SP!

You know you're a geezer when you strike a pose to play a lead solo and you hurt for an entire week afterwards! [crying]

GB I heard your boys are back soundcloud clip. Awesome! I want to hear some more!

Well the guys in my old band were in my studio Sunday and one of them saw a movie about Phil Spector and we started talking about the "Wall of Sound" he made famous. So we decided to try to do something like that with one of the Ronettes songs called Be My Baby. I don't consider this mix the final mix yet but its an example of what we are trying to get.

Let me know what you think.

GB

Well the guys in my old band were in my studio Sunday and one of them saw a movie about Phil Spector and we started talking about the "Wall of Sound" he made famous. So we decided to try to do something like that with one of the Ronettes songs called Be My Baby. I don't consider this mix the final mix yet but its an example of what we are trying to get.

GB

Fabulous! Especially the way you (or whomever sang) controlled the voice on "Now" in be my baby Noooow. [thumbup]

Fabulous! Especially the way you (or whomever sang) controlled the voice on "Now" in be my baby Noooow. [thumbup]

Thanks Tman. I was singing lead on this one since my voice is one of the higher ones of the group. We had a good time playing the Ronettes Sunday. The guys were also practicing the steps that the Ronettes used to do. It reminded me of the guys in that movie "The Full Monty" but they kept their clothes on. [biggrin]

So we decided to try to do something like that with one of the Ronettes songs called Be My Baby. I don't consider this mix the final mix yet but its an example of what we are trying to get.

GB

Classic. Sounds pro. As Tman pointed out, good control on the vocal. [thumbup]

Classic. Sounds pro. As Tman pointed out, good control on the vocal. [thumbup]

Thanks a lot Izzy. Everybody in the group tries real hard to make the music right. Four of us have been together since the late 60's so we know what our capabilities are and try to help each other sound good. My son is playing keyboards with us now since our original keyboard player is still out gigging. I'm real proud of how he has caught on to our style.

GB

I made this video for AXE because he likes my V and I said I would.

It is my first video of me playing. I didn't have solid plans of what I'd play...you can so tell.

Afterwards I watched and I think it is a good opportunity to ask...what are my bad habits?

Seriously, if ya'll see something obviously f'ed up about what I'm doing, let me know [biggrin]

I never use a pick. Just putting it out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0qcjeAaqmo

Archived