Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okZ-PwsVjTc&feature=youtu.be

Sorry it's not on the J-60 but I've been having fun with my new "camp" guitar... it's a Washburn Lakeside Jumbo. I scored a deal on it off eBay cause it was a blem... it included a hardshell case and has low end for days, something that the little Yamaha was sorely missing. Cheers, JG

• 3 weeks later...

4 moparguy 'cus he asked for it [flapper]

I wrote this song about regret after a thread that was posted here by a guy who seemed like he wanted to live his life again and make it different.

I think my rhythm has gotten better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr8su4s4rBY

I continue to be VERY impressed by your voice, your a natural born singer/song writer. You played the guitar mistake free from what I could tell and with feeling. Keep up the good work people here enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

I post too much of my stuff on here....i'm overexposed. [flapper]

But yah...i love hearing everyone play...it happens so rarely and when it does, the posts don't usually get too much love. Always found that weird in a guitar forum...

I'm like you Shred, I tend to put up most of my music here, maybe too much lol

Here is an original my brother Vince and I wrote and recorded and made a video for recently.

The Answer by Drops of LIght

I'll check all you guys out soon k!

Enjoy! :)

Cheers,

Lu :)

Me playing the Les Paul at an impromptu Jam in Graz, Austria last year. There were some local musicians playing and someone said that I and the singer could jam so we did! Need your love so bad. Yes I traveled all the way over there with my guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Fr0f-amMk

Verry nice blues playing my man! [thumbup]

After severe music biz burnout..I put the guitars under the bed..in the closet for 25-30 YEARS. I started again to learn to play..not work the guitar about 18 months or so..

Learned to digitally record with the forums I read..in May..still learning that..

Never have been shy..

Not what I used to be..

Here is what I am now..

Learning to Play again..

• 2 weeks later...

It's 0213 and I'm just coming down after our first gig. Less than 2 months since we first jammed, we did a 24-song set. Not many people there, but we were pretty good. Broke a string on Sophie, getting excited on Sloe Gin (rhythm). Photos coming soon, hopefully. [thumbup]

There are reports today that Horace Silver has checked out. He is well known by jazz lovers for his participation in the Hard Bop genre that immediately followed Bebop. I recorded this Silver tune a couple of years ago and only did the head. Plus, it is only done at around 140 bpm because that is as fast as I could accurately pick it. It was originally done around 180 bpm or faster. Anyway, my tribute to Horace. RIP Maestro.

Tippin'

Edit: Seems reports of Silver's death have been greatly exaggerated. Welcome back Horace!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived