Gibson Brands Forums

Seller's regret

MojoRedFoot

So yesterday I sold 6 guitars to one buyer. Only worried aboot getting rid of my old Kramer. I was my 1st electric and recently replaced the neck w/ actual Kramer neck that someone put shark fin in lay on. I'll be sad to let it go but still leaves 15 to play with. I already got rid of a Jackson I thought I'd miss but I don't. Actually worried aboot this sale. Sold my first guitar, my first electric and my first bass. Money is tight and most of the others I could not bare to part with. But the buyer is sending them to US troops over seas for Christmas so I'm ok letting em go.

Guest Farnsburger

Good for you, a good cause always makes it less painful... I may be letting one of mine go this weekend... My guitar count won't go down though, it's a trade

You getting that Gretch? Good!

Good for you! I keep wondering, myself, about "thinning out the herd!"

Problem is, I love them all, and there isn't the "need" (Yet) to sell...

So, I'll probably wait, until there is? Who knows...the older I get, the

more I know, that "less is more!"

You did it, for a Good cause, too! [thumbup]

CB

Great that they are going to a good cause and that you could sell them in bulk, a lot less hassle.

I have 10 guitars and 1 bass and that will be my limit from now on, before I buy another guitar one must be sold first.

I think they are too many as it is,

when owning too many guitars starts owning you is time to do something about it.

So yesterday I sold 6 guitars to one buyer. Only worried aboot getting rid of my old Kramer. I was my 1st electric and recently replaced the neck w/ actual Kramer neck that someone put shark fin in lay on. I'll be sad to let it go but still leaves 15 to play with. I already got rid of a Jackson I thought I'd miss but I don't. Actually worried aboot this sale. Sold my first guitar, my first electric and my first bass. Money is tight and most of the others I could not bare to part with. But the buyer is sending them to US troops over seas for Christmas so I'm ok letting em go.

Which guitar's are you selling?

Oh man, mixed emotions! My first acoustic was stolen from a camp ground about 15 years ago. I still miss it but it wouldn't hurt so much if it had gone to someone who deserved it. I wish I could have given it to a soldier or even a Kid that needed one. You should feel good about what you did. [thumbup]

I just got rid of one of mine. Im kind of miss not having it around even though I never played it.

When my Mum got remarried I was 8 the guy she married was an out of work electrician on disability. He had a Hofner acoustic beautiful guitar.

One year it was gone but we all got Christmas presents. I never forgot that. \

A few years ago I passed a second hand store and in the window was a beautiful Hofner. I went in and bought it. I kept it for 8 months until Christmas and then snuck into my parents house, I left it under the tree with a note saying. "once a man can prove himself as a father he has a son for life" Signed Santa.

I think he knows it was me I tried my hardest Christmas afternoon to look as surprised as he did lol it was a good day.

I just got rid of one of mine. Im kind of miss not having it around even though I never played it.

When my Mum got remarried I was 8 the guy she married was an out of work electrician on disability. He had a Hofner acoustic beautiful guitar.

A few years ago I passed a second hand store and in the window was a beautiful Hofner. I went in and bought it. I kept it for 8 months until Christmas and then snuck into my parents house, I left it under the tree with a note saying. "once a man can prove himself as a father he has a son for life" Signed Santa.

I think he knows it was me I tried my hardest Christmas afternoon to look as surprised as he did lol it was a good day.

Great story, thanks for sharing... I even teared up a bit....

[thumbup] I almost cried..

[thumbup] I almost cried..

ha ha cheers, It always bugged me that he had to do that (sell his guitar) I promised myself one day I would find one and get it for him. He cant play anymore now days he has arthritis, but he has been known to take her out and polish it from time to time.

+1 on the great story. Still drying my eyes too.

Seriously touching story. You are a good man, as was he.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived