Gibson Brands Forums

Well Some Good New and Bad News

Andy R

Good news.... I am in Zurich airport hotel and will be flying home tomorrowmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif Bad news.... I will be back on a Jet to Tokyo on Wednesday ( only for week though ) msp_crying.gif Don't get me wrong, I love Japan and appreciate the opportunities I have but my forum brothers and sisters I have to tell ya... I am a whipped puppy right now. blink.gif

Sayonara,

Andy

Love sushi - although never in Japan. The freshest was still wigglin' when it was served in Gangnung, Korea... I think folks were watching the round-eye to see how he handled it.

<grin>

With chopsticks, of course!

m

Love sushi - although never in Japan. The freshest was still wigglin' when it was served in Gangnung, Korea... I think folks were watching the round-eye to see how he handled it.

<grin>

With chopsticks, of course!

m

Yup. Nothing fresher than when the tentacles are still moving and the other parts are changing colors. A hit of soju helps it go down smoother.

I know you would rather be home, and I can't see as I blame you cause from what I can tell you got a sweet gig.

BUT...seriously, how many get to travel the world? That has to count for something.

Think of yourself as James Bond...with long hair. And a beard.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I have been there before and really enjoy the culture, the people, the City ( when it isn't shaking or Glowing) and the Beef and Rice Based food. They took me to a korean BBQ that was delicious. They also have a place called MOS Burger That is really good. It is basically a Greasy McDonalds burger wrapped between sticky rice patty's instead of bread. MMMMMMM...... Sticky........ msp_biggrin.gif

It's just harder for me to come home for a couple of days and leave again than it is just to get over there, do what I do, come home and BE home! Well 5:00 AM here and my flight leaves in a few hours. Better get a minute of shut eye. Later Dudes! msp_biggrin.gif

Andy

While in Tokyo check some of the fabulous guitar stores there.My buddy has a Japanese wife and every 2 years they make a sojourn to Tokyo and he always brings back some unbelievable bargains.There is a place there called Guitars Japan that carries Burny,Edwards,Orville by Gibson etc at unbelievably low prices. you can find them here: http://www.guitarsjapan.com also if you are at all innterested in Strats theres a place called Strato-Crazy that specializes in Strats only: HI Guitars http://www.hi-guitars.com/ Anyway I hope you find something interesting there.

sushi so fresh it still wiggles... jeez. I'm just starting to get the nerve to try the octopuss sushi. Don't think I'm ready for having it THAT fresh yet.

I got queezy the other month when I ordered Calamari at a local Italian place and they'd put a couple of juvenile octopuss on the plate along with the calamari rings... it kinda disturbed me even though I'd eaten the stuff dozens of times but never had the full babies on the plate before. The next time, I got brave enough to try eating the little buggers and didn't care for the texture of them.

Eventually maybe I'll get the nerve to try octopuss sushi, but suspect it's going to take a bit more time. Thank god it's not moving when served here. lol

While in Tokyo check some of the fabulous guitar stores there.My buddy has a Japanese wife and every 2 years they make a sojourn to Tokyo and he always brings back some unbelievable bargains.There is a place there called Guitars Japan that carries Burny,Edwards,Orville by Gibson etc at unbelievably low prices. you can find them here: http://www.guitarsjapan.com also if you are at all innterested in Strats theres a place called Strato-Crazy that specializes in Strats only: HI Guitars http://www.hi-guitars.com/ Anyway I hope you find something interesting there.

Yeah they have some cool shops. I checked out a few the last time I was there. They all kind of specialize in some way or another. Nothing like walking into a shop full of 50's and 60's LesPauls and Strats to make your Jaw Drop.

Currently Delayed in Dulles Airport in D.C. If all goes well I should be on my comfy Lounge chair by 1:30 AM

Regards,

One Tired Dude....

Thats one of the best things about being retired no more business trips. I did 10-15 trips a year for years saw the world and after awhile all I wanted to see was at my home. The first couple years as a young man were fun as time went on it just got harder and harder. Now I travel once or twice a year at the most for shows maybe another trip or two just for pleasure and that's all the traveling I do now

The only hard part about not traveling on business is when you do travel no upgrades or perks anymore, if you want first class you have to pay for it. [cursing]

Archived