Gibson Brands Forums

favourite solos

jefleppard

Man' date=' I heard that song a long time ago and thought it was great, but I never knew it was Duane playing on it. Now I like it even more. I'm going to have to do a search for that one now![/quote']

Since Boz's album is pretty hard to find (although is WAS out on CD), the easiest way to find "Loan Me A Dime" is probably on the "Duane Allman Anthology (Volume I)" CD.

My favorite solo for now is the solo from the theme to the Ren & Stimpy show. The first solo that impacted my life would be the first guitar solo I learned on guitar which is the short string bending lick in the Beatles song,"Ticket to ride". After that is the solo from the song "Detroit Rock City" by Kiss. I think that may be unusual. To be honest, I purposely didn't read any of the other posts yet so I could be totally uninfluenced.

1.Sunshine of your love.Starts out with the melody to bluemoon bending the notes slightly off key...Brilliant

2.Ricky dont loose that number,Skunk at his best,what a vibrato.

3.Beat it.I dont like Michael Jackson and I'm not a VanHalen fan but it's friggen perfect.

4.Killing Floor Electric Flag.Mike Bloomfield at his best.

5.Machine Gun. Jimi Hendrix Someone asked Miles Davis why he liked Hendrix,The M-F-ing bombs is what he said.I agree.

1.Sunshine of your love.Starts out with the melody to bluemoon bending the notes slightly off key...Brilliant

2.Ricky dont loose that number' date='Skunk at his best,what a vibrato. [/quote']

1.That is brilliant. I never put the two together until now. Did you notice that on your own or read it somewhere?

2. You and I are the only people I've seen to list Ricky... on a fav solos list! I know it's the wrong forum to say this, but that has the perfect Strat tone IMO.

Saturn .I never read it any where ,I noticed it back in 67 when I first heard it.Other great Baxter solos are Rock me a little while with the Doobies and My old school changed the way I played guitar.That crazy mambo/country picking made me realize there was more to life than the blues box.All those Baxter S.Dan solos got me hooked on compressors too.

• 2 years later...

Archived