Gibson Brands Forums

Foot Pedals

kissfreakmike

For the kind of music you're playing your gonna need a kick @ss overdrive and for that I recommend the Way Huge Green Rhino. Some other pedals you're gonna want are a Crybaby, maybe a heavier distortion or fuzz (I personally love the EHX Big Muff Pi for this category), maybe get yourself a delay, and a phaser. msp_cool.gif

For the kind of music you're playing your gonna need a kick @ss overdrive and for that I recommend the Way Huge Green Rhino. Some other pedals you're gonna want are a Crybaby, maybe a heavier distortion or fuzz (I personally love the EHX Big Muff Pi for this category), maybe get yourself a delay, and a phaser. msp_cool.gif

I like the way that list looks.

Kind of reminds me of mine.

Just got a new Les Paul about a month ago and want to know what are some of everyones favorite ones. I like KISS music Metallica AC/DC Boston lots of 70s stuff of course Zepp, goes without saying.

For ac\dc the boss sd-1 is the one.. for metallica and most metal i love my boss mt-2 and for nirvana i love my ds-1

Since nobody else cares or maybe I'm just blind, but what amp are you usin man?

That's exactly what I was thinking. A tube screamer isn't going to get you even relatively close to sounding like Kiss or Led Zep unless you have a nice Marshall or something.

If you're looking for a "Marshall in a box" type pedal, check out the Zvex Distortron or something. Lovepedal makes a lot of Marshall in a box style dirt too

That's exactly what I was thinking. A tube screamer isn't going to get you even relatively close to sounding like Kiss or Led Zep unless you have a nice Marshall or something.

If you're looking for a "Marshall in a box" type pedal, check out the Zvex Distortron or something. Lovepedal makes a lot of Marshall in a box style dirt too

word.

And I'm also confused as to what this thread is for. Is it you wanting to hear our favorite pedals, or recommendations as to what will you get you closest to your desired sound?

I like the Barber Direct Drive. Its very Marshally, yet very transparent ( total opposite of a Tube Screamer or OCD even. Kinda like a Blues Driver only Marshally and higher gain ). For TS?Voxy kinda tones I like a good Xotic AC Booster. Also, check out the Vox Joe Satriani line if ya have a chance. The Satchurator and Ice 9 are two of my favorite dirt boxes! The Time Machine is one of the best delays IMHO. For delay I like the Providence Delay 80s. T-Rex Replica is overrated. For mod. fx I love the Ibanez Airplane Flanger and HBE Frostbite flanger pedals ( both very good for the A/DA Flanger type tone ), MXR flangers and choruses, Phase 90, Retro Sonic Chorus ( CE-1 clone ), Boss CE-2, HBE THC Chorus, Maxon CS-550, Small Clone, Electric Mistress flanger, Ibanez CS9 and FL9, Analogman Chorus, GNI Analog Stereo Dual Chorus and Phaser/Flanger, MXR Phase 100 and Phase 45, Fulltone MDV, as well as others. I love Crybabys. The first pedal you should ever get is a TU-3.

The Carl Martin Plexitone is great for the Marshall in a box tone.

Visual Sound makes some awesome pedals. Any of the dual pedal units with a distortion circuit in it is recommended if you like the Ibanez Tubescreamer because their OD circuit in most of these pedals is a TS808 clone. The Jeckyll & Hyde pairs this up with a hotter distortion and the Double Trouble is the TS808 x 2. Route 66 is the TS808 and a compressor. If your looking for fuzz, they've got the Angry Fuzz - a unit with a octave overtone like the Octavio, but with a knob that lets you dial in how much of the overtone is present in the signal.

They also make good chorus and delay effects too.

Another favorite of mine is the OD circuit of the Marshall Jackhammer.

For wah - I love the Snarling Dogs wahs and also the Crybaby 535Q.

To get an authentic Marshall tone pick up an old Marshall Guv'nor-the one in the metal case-they will give you anything from a clean boost to a full blown 1959 plexi at full tilt to a 50W 2204 just nicely overdriven.

My fave pedals are the Big Muff Pi,Electric Mistress,Vox wah-way better than the Cry Baby -IMHO.Also check out some of the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals.The Cool Cat Tremolo,Vibe,Chorus and Transparent Overdrive are among the best and sturdiest in the market yet they are among the cheapest.The Fulltone Clyde wah is also a fabulous pedal as is the RMC Picture Wah albeit expensive.

To get an authentic Marshall tone pick up an old Marshall Guv'nor-the one in the metal case-they will give you anything from a clean boost to a full blown 1959 plexi at full tilt to a 50W 2204 just nicely overdriven.

My fave pedals are the Big Muff Pi,Electric Mistress,Vox wah-way better than the Cry Baby -IMHO.Also check out some of the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals.The Cool Cat Tremolo,Vibe,Chorus and Transparent Overdrive are among the best and sturdiest in the market yet they are among the cheapest.The Fulltone Clyde wah is also a fabulous pedal as is the RMC Picture Wah albeit expensive.

Funny thing about those Danelectro pedals. They are not only cheap in price, but look cheap also... don't mistake the low price and cheap looking appearance for poor quality though. A guy at one of the local stores insisted I try the Transparent Overdrive when I was looking for OD's last year. They are a decent pedal. I almost bought one, except the Boss Super Overdrive was more the sound I was after at that time.

Archived