Gibson Brands Forums

It's about f-k-ing time!

jaxson50

My L6S was my favorite and most used Gibby along side my Black Beauty Custom...( Both long stolen )......

My concerns with this re-issue is that the Vari-tone has been replaced with a nonsence switch, and,

the pickups are NOT the original Bill Lawrence pickups, which were magical ceramic gems..............

Also, IMHO, a slab maple guitar should not list at such a high price point.....But still, yes, about time......

damien is right, it is not true to the orig. L-6S. With out the Bill Lawrence/Vari-tone system it is not a L-6S. Dadgumit.

If you have a origial you are a lucky gitpicker.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ............I keep eyeing them on E-Bay.....[scared] .....

I suppose one could upgrade this "lookalike", but then the cost grows even higher.....:blink: .....

Wonder if it's the same size as a original L6-s just enough different to make a regular LP case not work, Made the cases worth almost as much as the guitars for quite a few years before people started collecting the L6-S models.

Also

With the L6-S released again pretty much means there is no need for a SG model anymore. Sorry SG lovers but this is the guitar that the SG should have always been [flapper]

I imagine it was M.F.'s choice on the changes......Making those changes to a perfect design is like M.F. putting out

a 1959 Les Paul re-issue with an alder cap, chambered, and with EMGs.....Just doesn't work.......

As per the case, yeah, that was a b*tch back then..............

There is an all original one for sale at the pawn shop down the street from me for $749.00 with the orig case,I could probably get it for $700.00.However money is very tight for a few months, but if it stays there until then I'll take a serious look at it.BTW whats the difference between the 6 way switch either splitting the coil or making the PU out of phase or are they the same thing.

I used two of them, one a 72 with block markers that I traded for something I can't rememember and then traded again later for a 74-ish with dots. Both maple/maple, Bill Lawrences, 6way Switcherooni thingy. Great guitars and it was fun to not be using what everyone else was using. But alas, there is a reason why everyone else uses what everyone else uses...

I will scan some pr0n of them.

rct

Archived