Gibson Brands Forums

Another New Strat! Thanks Fender for the $100 Instant Rebate!

bluesguitar65

Well, I got a new guitar today. Went over GC and they took off another $100 on top of the already reduced rebate price of $899 down to $799. That is pretty cool, an American Standard for less than the price of a American Special!!! :) I decided on the Charcoal Frost with Rosewood. I was debating between the maple and rosewood. Did I choose good? Man, this is my third guitar in within a month, First the American Special Strat, then a Gibson R8 les paul VOS and now a American Standard Strat. Thanks Fender for the $100 rebate! Keep it coming :D

For those who want a strat or tele to go along with their Gibbys, Fender is offering a $100 Instant rebate from now until Dec 31, 2011. Its taken off automatically from the dealer's check out and Guitar Center will give you an additional $100 off, but only for this weekend.

pb040161.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-11-04

pb040162.jpg

pb040165.jpg

pb040172.jpg

pb040173.jpg

pb040188.jpg

Nice! Very nice score! 3rd guitar within a month? [scared] thats just crazy! but I suppose with the good prices it makes sense.

I usually prefer maple fretboards on strats, but wow, yours is a real looker! [thumbup] I really wish I lived in the states

right now! [flapper] Congrats man!

Beautiful!

I really want a Strat, and I'm in the odd minority that prefers rosewood fretboards on Strats. So...I think it's gorgeous! [drool][love][woot]

I just joined a friend's blues-punk project, and I think a Strat would be awesome for it. That's not to say, of course, that my SG isn't perfect for it--because it absolutely is. [thumbup]

nice score... too bad this rebate wasn't around 2 months ago when I got my Strat... but then,I'm also assuming this is strictly a US thing and not crossing over to Canada.

I like the color too. I was hoping to find something like that on my strat plus, but they didn't have it with rosewood.

I'm one of those rare rosewood on a strat guys too. Not that I don't like maple - it sounds great,but I find rosewood just feels better...and it does make for a warmer sounding strat too.

Thanks! Man, I'm having fun with it. I like maple fingerboards on strats aswell, but when I was playing both, the rosewood just had that nice brown tone to it. The rosewood also looks much better with the charcoal frost color IMHO.

Congrats! She's pretty.

I'm like THIS CLOSE to buying an American Standard myself, but neither G.C. or S.A. carry the Olympic White W/Rosewood. So, I'd almost have to order it, which I'm reluctant.... I'd rather see, and play what I'm buying before I buy it.

Enjoy

Congrats! She's pretty.

I'm like THIS CLOSE to buying an American Standard myself, but neither G.C. or S.A. carry the Olympic White W/Rosewood. So, I'd almost have to order it, which I'm reluctant.... I'd rather see, and play what I'm buying before I buy it.

Enjoy

sweetwater currently has 2 in stock that will be un-boxed, given a 55 point inspection, set up, plugged in, and played before shipping.

i've never gotten a bad geet from sweetwater.

here's one in the "gallery" to see the other find the link w/it's sereal#

Am.Std Strat, OlyWht/rswd fb

and to the OP, bg65.....mannnn that's sweet !!! is that a NOS Champ you're pushing it thru?? thats a winner too!!

Nice! Very nice score! 3rd guitar within a month? [scared] thats just crazy! but I suppose with the good prices it makes sense.

I usually prefer maple fretboards on strats, but wow, yours is a real looker! [thumbup] I really wish I lived in the states

right now! [flapper] Congrats man!

I own exactly the same (American Std 2011) but with maple board:

1e0c5205.jpg

But I have replaced the bridge pickup by a Seymour Duncan Li'l Screaming Deamon:

e2e75a7c.jpg

Good to see Fender-love adding counterpoint to the LP obsessed populace hereon <_<

Personal favourites...Hendrix white/maple....Marvin red/maple [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

You know even if I have many guitars, my favourite ones are:

- My Les Paul Traditional 2010 ice tea burst;

- my Fender Clapton signature modified with 3 ply pickguard (because the original one get static electricity) for versatility;

- my SG 61 white for the comfort,

- my Fender vintage 62 hotrod for bluesy 'SRV' style sounds

and yes my Robin USA Custom with EMGs for metal sounds.

so as you see, it is not a question of brand but a question of what the music required. :)

Congrats! She's pretty.

Enjoy

Hey, aren't you the guy who endorses that judge beating the shi# out of his daughter? Thanks for letting us know about what guitar you want. Does Olympic White go with beating kids?

[biggrin]

Yup! Fender actually use their color scheme based on classic car colors. I read this somewhere.

True dat. Fiesta red is another example. There's a great article in one of my past issues of Guitar Aficionado mag about just that subject.

As far as maple vs. rosewood goes, I love both but there definitely is a difference with my American std. rosewood strat having a much warmer tone and great sustain as compared to my Am std. maple.

Now my Clapton strat is an entirely different beast altogether.msp_thumbup.gif

Hey, aren't you the guy who endorses that judge beating the shi# out of his daughter? Thanks for letting us know about what guitar you want. Does Olympic White go with beating kids?

[biggrin]

................................smiley-sex020.gif..........FAIL !!!!! [scared][crying][-X ............[omg][lol] ....

Thanks all!

Im not to sure, but I think Fender is offering this instant $100 rebate on all American Standard Strats, Teles and Basses. They will be offering this rebate for a limited time until Dec 31, 2011. Going price for the American Standard strats and teles were $999 - $100 Fender Rebate (-$100 Guitar Center this weekend special) = $799!!! I think this rebate is valid also in Cananda.

Here is the the link

http://www.fender.com/#/holiday-rebate

Yup! Fender actually use their color scheme based on classic car colors. I read this somewhere.

Yea, originally, the 50's and 60's color options were the same paints as the cars of the time, and mostly GM.

Some of the colors were used by more than one car. The same paint on a different car would be called a different name, and Fender would call it something else too.

In this particular case, It's kinda cool because it is a complete throwback: this color hasn't been used by anyone for years, and it wasn't even that popular when it was used originally. I think it extremely stylish when a color that comes from the past that few knew or cared about ends up being a color that fits for the current times, even though today we can easily mix and create any shade.

I know for a fact it was a Caddy color. I'm pretty sure it was used only on Caddy's, and I think maybe even it was called by the same name.

Archived