Gibson Brands Forums

Beautiful, tasteful solos

Lungimsam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to kick this one in. It's one of the finest ever. If it fits, cool.

"ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER"

Jimi_Hendrix_-_Electric_Ladyland.jpg

[flash=100,100]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Z7LR8Z9_o

This is the best version out there. Do you have a copy of Purple Haze in Berkely in 1970? It isn't the one on any other site on the web. It's such an incredible performance. In the end he takes his mic and rubs it against his Stratocaster, then plays a solo with his teeth. It was taken off of YT before I had the chance to rip it.

I agree. Likely the greatest solo(s) I've ever heard. The album version, not any other version. I'm so glad to see that someone appreciates it.

I saw Leslie West do the solo, a lot. I agree with you, the Climbing Album was the best recorded. Live though, there were several times he nailed it to the Climbing version. The first time I saw them in early 1971, they had one of their finest shows. [thumbup]

Great song, great band.

Mountain's been in my head since 1970, A good place for it. I can only imagine what it was like doing "Theme For An Imaginary Western", at Woodstock on the Saturday night, for about 500,000 people.

Mountain's been in my head since 1970, A good place for it. I can only imagine what it was like doing "Theme For An Imaginary Western", at Woodstock on the Saturday night, for about 500,000 people.

Felix was great. What would Cream have been without him?

Archived