Gibson Brands Forums

Buyer's Remorse

thejtl

I would not feel to bad about it.. it could happen to any of us.. I did in 1 year 70.000 worth of New Gibson acoustics.. I had remorse after the first 4 .. it didnt last long.. I was back in buying more..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea...here's one:

If you want to know about investing money, see a broker, not a guitar dealer.

LOL

you know what i think ? i think this is all an example of retail therapy gone wrong .

send the guitar back and start over .

if you're looking to invest and worry about value later on .....start a high interest saving account

This just in: buyer's remorse re: my new Aj has set in. Love the guitar more than anything, but really feeling the pinch when I think about paying for it. This thing cost almost as much as my motorcycle.

The guitar doesn't use gasoline. That's a ++++

LOL

if you're looking to invest and worry about value later on .....start a high interest saving account

If the guitar was tied into a bank account, it might read something like this:

Maintenance fee..........................6.95

NON customer amp fee(3259 n jamestown)...1.25

Service charge(3259 jamestown)...........1.50

Late for gig charge.....................39.75

Service charge(412 madison hwy)..........1.50

Amp fee(other than your house).............75

Em7 chord.................................... +50.00

Late chord fee..........................39.75

Am7 chord.................................... +40.00

Late verse (Em7)........................39.75

Late chord..............................39.75

Late charge (late verse Em7)............39.75

Late verse (Am7)........................39.75

Late fee (late chord)...................39.75

Late fee (chord)........................39.75

Maintenance fee..........................6.79

Late fee (chord)........................39.75

Shuffle................................. +125

Overdraft charge........................39.75

charge for being overdraft charge.......39.75

Late fee (overdraft charge).............39.75

Overdraft charge (weekend)..............60.50

fee for being overdraft.................39.75

fee for being overdraft from overdraft..39.75

Fee for being late from overdraft

on overdraft............................39.75

LOL

....And where, 'pray tell' where one might find one of these... [confused]

(not that I have anything leftover at the end of the month to save) [scared]

Rod

[lol][lol][lol] Too funny...I almost blew my coffee all over the screen.... [laugh]

We all have to recognize our strengths and weaknesses.... I SUCK at picking stocks.... I have a ton on money there, but in mutual funds, since when I pick a stock, it's guaranteed to crater!

Now if my mutual funds can keep ahead of inflation, I'll be okay!

This just in: buyer's remorse re: my new Aj has set in. Love the guitar more than anything, but really feeling the pinch when I think about paying for it. This thing cost almost as much as my motorcycle.

If you're smart, you'll sell your motorcycle and buy another guitar!

If you're smart, you'll sell your motorcycle and buy another guitar!

It's the only way I have to get to work 8 months of the year. And very much like a great guitar (2002 Triumph Bonneville, British racing green.)... beautiful and dangerous.

You should have paid more for your motorcycle.

So, think about THAT money you saved and factor in the cost of the AJ and divide your remorse by 2.

All is well.

I'm a people person. A problem solver.

And an artist of the "Mierda de Toro" school.

I like the way you think, sir.

A few days left.to go before the.return window closes. Still have a J-45 on my mind.... Modern classic J-45s are 1999.99 on GC.com. factor in that price and take away.the.price of buying and installing a pickup and the difference is almost $900ish.

The.downside.is.ordering a.guitar sight unseen.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

A few days left.to go before the.return window closes. Still have a J-45 on my mind.... Modern classic J-45s are 1999.99 on GC.com. factor in that price and take away.the.price of buying and installing a pickup and the difference is almost $900ish.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

You have learned nothing reading all the articles and threads here, have you?

You don't buy one Gibson, you need to buy five or perhaps six. Keep them all and play 'em, then buy some more. Then get some vintage Gibsons. Only sell them if you are facing jail time.

And don't take them on the back of the bike....

BluesKing777.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

I've bought a few Gibsons online and never had a problem. While I'd rather play it first, sometimes that isn't an option. GC and Musician's Friend have pretty good return policies if you get a lemon. Musician's Friend has a 12 month no interest option on their Platinum card. No tax, free shipping, 12 months of free money so you don't have tie up $2000+ in cash all at once. Credit isn't such an evil thing if you know how to manage it.

IMHO.....sounds like you're watching your time window so close it must really be buyers remorse. Send it back while you can, if you regret that move, you can buy again when it's right. When it's right-it's right and you know it. (only my 2 cents worth and that's all it's worth)

I think if you are serious enough about making music to spend many hours a week playing guitar and you have kept this up for some time then acquiring a professional level instrument is smart. This is something like a bed or shoes: you use it all the time so any attempts to economize aren't worth it. I think it's extremely helpful as a musician to have a good sounding, playable guitar that suits the music you are trying to make. This is the base upon which your music will be built, so it should be solid. Beyond that there are all kinds of psychological aspects to this. This instrument says something to me and others about how I feel about myself. I am worth a decent instrument. My music is worth a good axe (or 15). I want to live my life among high quality things, see and touch quality things as I go about my daily activities. When I bought my first good guitar I was about 18. It was a Martin D-18 and I paid about $300 for it in 1970, which seemed terribly expensive, really wickedly expensive at the time. Getting a decent guitar at 18 was one of the better decisions I have made.

Archived