Gibson Brands Forums

What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

Tman5293

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, my sole vehicle is a 2003 silverado...and it;s beat to hell due to a hit and rund on the front end and a little incident with a parking ballard on the back. Sad state of affairs.

I sold my last caddy 2 years ago to save my house. Before that, I was a two vehicle man: Truck with construction tools for day Stein, Caddy with guitar/amp in trunk for evening Stein.

Lokky here; I know what some of you are thinking: The trunk is no place for axes. Well, a man has to have his tools with him if he is to be of any use. If you don't have an axe with you, you ain't jammin.

Previous to the current truck, was a 91 F-onefiddy. Best truck I ever had. Got that to replace an identical 89 F-onefiddy that I had for 13 years. When I took it to the donation center to get rid of it, I felt like I was taking my dog to the vet to be put down.

Caddy's in descending order (more or less): '99 Deville d'elegance, '94 Eldorado, '87 Brougham, '67 Eldorado, '77 Eldo, '70 Coupe Deville. They all had pretty much the same standard features: stereo, ashtray, recliners in the front and a couch in the back that can double as a closet, and a trunk the size of a toyota pickup.

09 Ford Explorer. My third one.

Took a break in between and bought an 05 Mustang convertable in 05. Mine had a Canada flag front license plate that made it look like it had buck teeth. No front plate required in the province of Quebec.

DSCF0652.jpg

Partially hidden by my father in law on his 1940 Indian

Fun car but not very practical in Canadian winters.

I'll probably keep the Explorer for a long time as it was the last year before they turned them into what I find is just a 4 wheel drive station wagon. NOt that theres anything wrong with that for those who like them.

Drive?

Ford Ranger, (company vehicle).

Own? These:

110213_0045.jpg

That's beautiful! msp_thumbup.gif Make, Model, Year please!

We need more car enthusiasts in this thread. Too many cars that have barely enough horse power to get on the freeway. msp_unsure.gif

My main vehicle is the CTA L train I take to work Monday thru Friday and for short runs around the city on weekends.

Car wise, our main ride is a 2009 Toyota Prius in dark blue with the six speaker JBL sound system. It's the last of the second generation so the shifter is on the dash. 42mpg in the city and a 10 gallon tank. Even with my wife driving to work five to six days a week plus my trips to the rehearsal space, gas stations are a casual acquaintance at best.

I also have my father's old white 1999 Chevy S10. Its the one with the extra side facing seat in the extended cab. This truck isn't bad except for one major issue: she's a super long vehicle with a crappy turning radius. Parallel parking isn't bad if you can find a space long enough, but U-turns are an impossibility and your average three point turn is a six pointer in this beast. It's been driven a total of two times in the past three or four months and those were to the hardware and lawn & garden store. I'd sell her, but when you need something to haul big items it's indispensable.

Hello! 1997 Dodge Avenger ES Sport. With slight mods - 180 HP. Have it since 1998. It has always been properly maintained - never had any technical issues. The rocker panels need some patchwork here and there, but it's a fine daily driver. The only thing I dislike about it, that the engine makes real power up above 4000 RPM. I would prefer more low-end torque. When the engine will needed to rebuilded, I will make the necessary mods to achieve the performance I would expect, but since it is still like-new, it will take another 100.000 miles before I will do these. Cheers... Bence

What you need to do is start with a car that already has a lot of horsepower and torque. You will never get that kind of performance out of that little engine.

That's beautiful! msp_thumbup.gif Make, Model, Year please!

We need more car enthusiasts in this thread. Too many cars that have barely enough horse power to get on the freeway. msp_unsure.gif

Thanks! ...no problem... it's a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer, 27' Class A Motorhome.

I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser that had been modified to take me off the beaten path and camp for days at a time.

I have solar setup to recharge the batteries, ARB 12v fridge/freezer (no mushy wet food from an ice chest), and a nice 2 person roof top tent that is 4 season.

main6.jpg

main10.jpg

main11.jpg

Dude that is frickin awesome! I'm lovin that set up [thumbup]=D>

I see what you did there. What about the other one in front of it? msp_biggrin.gif

Oh....that old thing?

1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud Long Wheelbase Limousine, (one of only 121 ever made).

And it IS listed as my everyday driver, but as I said, I usually drive my Ranger.

Seems kinda weak for an Alfa Romeo. I kinda expected an Alfa to have more horses than that. msp_unsure.gif

I don't think you understand cars.

Alfa Romeos run off small engine and very light weight bodies, along with strong steering.

Alfa's dont need a V8 because that would ruin the fun of the tight corners and overall steering performance. Its not straight line speed with European cars.

Even when Alfa made a Supercar they used a V8 engine instead of the common V10 or V12 which most modern day supercars use. Once you drive an Alfa you get to understand it the point of light weight, good cornering cars. Or you can just drive a Mazda Miata.

I don't think you understand cars.

Alfa Romeos run off small engine and very light weight bodies, along with strong steering.

Alfa's dont need a V8 because that would ruin the fun of the tight corners and overall steering performance. Its not straight line speed with European cars.

Even when Alfa made a Supercar they used a V8 engine instead of the common V10 or V12 which most modern day supercars use. Once you drive an Alfa you get to understand it the point of light weight, good cornering cars. Or you can just drive a Mazda Miata.

I think you have a different opinion on cars than I do. All I care about is big muscle and how fast it goes 0-60 and how fast it can cover the 1/4 mile. If it has great handling too then that's a plus but to me it's not necessary. My favorite car out right now is the new 2013 Shelby GT500. That thing has 662hp and goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Covers the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125mph. Now that's a real car.

Dude that is frickin awesome! I'm lovin that set up [thumbup]=D>

Thanks!

Here is more info on the tent, they are made in Italy, and I bought mine via the USA website.

http://autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolinaAirlander.php

The Italian website.

http://www.autohome.it/

Some very cool vids from their YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AutohomeOfficial

I think you have a different opinion on cars than I do. All I care about is big muscle and how fast it goes 0-60 and how fast it can cover the 1/4 mile. If it has great handling too then that's a plus but to me it's not necessary. My favorite car out right now is the new 2013 Shelby GT500. That thing has 662hp and goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Covers the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125mph. Now that's a real car.

I love that too but in my eyes a perfect car is the one that can make you smile every second you drive it.

I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser that had been modified to take me off the beaten path and camp for days at a time.

I have solar setup to recharge the batteries, ARB 12v fridge/freezer (no mushy wet food from an ice chest), and a nice 2 person roof top tent that is 4 season.

main6.jpg

Very cool we just ordered almost the same setup for our Jeep wrangler 4 door. We got the Magiolino Carbon Fiber model mostly because it matched the Jeep the best and was a little bit lighter were supposed to get it in about a week. Can't wait to try it out it seems perfect especially since most of our trips are just a day or two in length since we own a Cabin already but there are several amazing lakes and stuff nearby so the flexibility is great. Ours also will have Solar panels and even a portable wind turbine since it get's warm here we had it modified to have a small evap cooler and refrigerator run off the batteries as well as a small AC unit in the jeep as well as several fans to help keep it cool during the summers in Arizona. The only real difference seems to be the mounting style we could not direct mount to the roof of the jeep since it's sectional and not rated for any load so ors will mount to a gobi roof rack that sits a few inches above the roof and gives us a +700 pound load capacity.

Archived