Gibson Brands Forums

Trussrod tool or no trussrod tool that is the question

Rabs

I know this has been discussed before but in reading the description of the new SG Diablo

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Diablo-Premium-Plus.aspx

It says clearly that a Trussrod tool will be included with every guitar... Why is this only on some models information sheets?

So whats the deal with this.. Of the 9 or so Gibsons that ive owened over the years (all were bought new from proper dealers)... only one of them EVER came with a TRT which was my Firebird Studio. Now oddly enough this guitar came straight out of the box when I had got to the store no one else had ever touched this guitar.. And have read from people who buy online that theirs ALWAYS comes with the tool. Which makes me suspicious.

There must be some official word on this.. Do some specific models ALL come with a TRT, is every Gibson meant to come with one? Or is there some person out there trying to corner the TRT market lol..

Neither of my Gibsons, bought new from dealers, came with truss rod tools

You see.. it does not make any sense..

Youd think a company like Gibson would always include it.. Which is why I want to know.. If im meant to have one for each guitar I can complain to the shop.. But I cant seem to get a confirmed answer to this question..

You see.. it does not make any sense..

Youd think a company like Gibson would always include it.. Which is why I want to know.. If im meant to have one for each guitar I can complain to the shop.. But I cant seem to get a confirmed answer to this question..

Know what you mean, makes one feel "slighted" and short changed.

Guest farnsbarns

This bothers me too. I would like to know what's going on. I can tell you that I opened a brand new R6 in a shop, first in the box, and it had no TRT. I believe they take them out in the Netherlands and therefore very few Gibsons in Europe come with them but no one seems to be sure.

My single pickup Custom had two.

And a switch tip.

It doesn't even have a switch.blink.gif

Cuz they just grab a case... any LP case will do...

Of course some poor ba$tard with a reissue has no switch knob and is *****ing on some other forum! [biggrin]

I have only ever bought used, so I have never felt slighted that way.

However, in lieu of an actual TRT, MOST six way screwdrivers have one end that is the correct size, usually the Flathead end.

That what I use, and probably the most useful tool you can have in your box.

i've bought many new guitars over the years and the only ones that came with a TRT were my Fenders....no biggie though, I have 6 or 7 (honestly can't remember) toolboxes/bins/crates packed with every tool imaginable, I used to be a mechanic AND ran my own certified gunsmith shop for years.

oddly, my favorite TRT was $4.95 US from our local "Tractor Supply" farmers store, it's a 4" T-handle (6" overall) with a removable socket bit end, and it came with an assortment of about 20 bits including allen head. It also came w/an assortment of small sockets.

Archived