Gibson Brands Forums

My AJ and I are in the news!

Jinder

Thanks guys!

Nick, I have indeed-I've lost 112lbs in the last 18mths...I was extremely tubby but managed to get it under control!

Red, I've been making solo records for a long time-my new one, 'Crumbs Of Comfort' is my eighth album...there are some new songs from the album at www.jinder.co.uk via soundcloud :-)

I do make the AJ look tiny...when I was at my heaviest I made my SJ200 look like a Nick Lucas!!

Yeah, I remember first time I came across a video of yours here couple years ago and thought this is the smallest J-200 Ive ever seen !

Congrats on the weight loss, that is a huge before and after effort ... btw: whats the secret, I want to lose a couple kilos too ..!

Thanks guys!

I'm amazed we haven't had any "tall story" puns yet...

I'm really grateful to be written about for the first time in ages. The Universal thing came about almost by accident via my publisher. As some of you guys may remember, I had a deal with Sony BMG in 2008/9 with my former band The Mercurymen, which ended prematurely and left my career in the doldrums for a long time.

I spent three years making my new album, and currently earn a living playing in bars and restaurants, doing function gigs and weddings and so forth. I'm not complaining, though-it's a privilege to earn a living from music. It's just really nice to be in the press for the first time in a very long time.

The article seems to have caught on, especially in Ireland-I'm in the Irish Independent and Belfast Telegraph today, and MSN, TalkTalk and Yahoo are all running the article on their entertainment pages. It's a real treat. Plus the AJ is in all the pics, so hopefully lots of other tall musicians will run straight to their dealers and buy Gibsons!

Thanks guys!

I'm amazed we haven't had any "tall story" puns yet...

I'm really grateful to be written about for the first time in ages. The Universal thing came about almost by accident via my publisher. As some of you guys may remember, I had a deal with Sony BMG in 2008/9 with my former band The Mercurymen, which ended prematurely and left my career in the doldrums for a long time.

I spent three years making my new album, and currently earn a living playing in bars and restaurants, doing function gigs and weddings and so forth. I'm not complaining, though-it's a privilege to earn a living from music. It's just really nice to be in the press for the first time in a very long time.

The article seems to have caught on, especially in Ireland-I'm in the Irish Independent and Belfast Telegraph today, and MSN, TalkTalk and Yahoo are all running the article on their entertainment pages. It's a real treat. Plus the AJ is in all the pics, so hopefully lots of other tall musicians will run straight to their dealers and buy Gibsons!

us irish spot talent all the time , david gray wouldnt have made it if it wasnt for here , josh ritter same , even neil young has said ireland is a great place to play new stuff , not always screaming for the hits that everyone already knows . dont ask me about daniel o'donnell though.

let us know if you're sailing across the water and i'll come throw a pair of knickers at you .

us irish spot talent all the time , david gray wouldnt have made it if it wasnt for here , josh ritter same , even neil young has said ireland is a great place to play new stuff , not always screaming for the hits that everyone already knows . dont ask me about daniel o'donnell though.

let us know if you're sailing across the water and i'll come throw a pair of knickers at you .

Right... Rodrigo y Gabriela "discovered " in Ireland as well!

Jinder - those three years gave you what you needed to make your move. Purified your art. Congrats!!

Nows when you have to begin to act all stoned & messed up in public..ala Keith Richards..That is the key to success on this side of the pond..look at what it did for Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean..he now can buy all the guitars he wants.

Hit a few photographers(but not too hard)..as you'll probably kill them.I think Hugh Grant has a few instructional videos out there on how its done.

Good luck

Hehehe I can't hit photographers-I have to employ 'em to take pics of me!

It IS silly press...but a bit of fun. I guess I'm lucky to have lankiness as my USP!

The story made several national and regional papers in the UK yesterday, and I got cornered in my local music shop by people who wanted to chat...ironically, right as I was asking my wife if I could borrow £5 for a set of strings...things are rarely what they seem.

Apparently the aim is TV and Radio next week, things will go crazy if we get either of those lined up :-)

Archived