Gibson Brands Forums

Xmas songs.. the best and worst

Rabs

So I was about to write a topic and have a moan about xmas TV adverts that have already started and how annoying they are... But I decided it would be more fun to join in as its unavoidable lol we will be bombarded with it if we want to or not so we may as well have fun with it..

So whats your best (if there is such a thing) and worst (loads of them) xmas tunes. They dont have to be rock, but they are usualy at least more fun :)

Probably the most overplayed, but common its a classic :)

worst

This is just everything corney. I know its meant to be but this is just too much lol (is it even possible to write a non corney xmas tune?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1J2UoiHMXE

Here's the real classic "modern" Christmas song. Torme and Judy Garland have the most views on Youtube. Torme wrote it when he was a teen, btw, before "Rock" as we generally admit is real "Rock" was invented.

It's not even that hard to figure a solo fingerstyle arrangement.

m

I don't see how anyone who works retail can like Christmas music after a season or two. November 1st thru December 31st, nothing but Christmas tunes. McCartney's Simply Have A Wonderful Christmas Time gets particularly grating on the nerves after the 6th time in rotation for the day.

Archived