Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion of The Jonas Brothers

RichCI

Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action' date=' there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal in reaction to a Jonas Brothers roundhouse kick.

When the Jonas Brothers talk, everybody listens. And dies.

For some, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For the Jonas Brothers, each testicle is larger than the other one.

The Jonas Brothers invented black. In fact, they invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

The Jonas Brothers don't throw up if they drink too much. The Jonas Brothers throw down!

In the beginning there was nothing...then the Jonas Brothers roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said "Get a job". That is the story of the universe.

The Jonas Brothers and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

The Jonas Brothers don't bowl strikes, they just knock down one pin and the other nine faint.

You know how they say if you die in your dream then you will die in real life? In actuality, if you dream of death then the Jonas Brothers will find you and kill you.

The Bermuda Triangle used to be the Bermuda Square, until the Jonas Brothers roundhouse kicked one of the corners off.

The Jonas Brothers once worked as weathermen for the San Diego evening news. Every night they would make the same forecast: Partly cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.

The Jonas Brothers invented the bolt-action rifle, liquor, sexual intercourse, and football-- in that order.

Scotty in Star Trek often says “Ye cannae change the laws of physics.” This is untrue. The Jonas Brothers can change the laws of physics. With their fists.

The Jonas Brothers do not own a stove, oven, or microwave , because revenge is a dish best served cold.

The Jonas Brothers built a better mousetrap, but the world was too frightened to beat a path to their door.

The Jonas Brothers eat beef jerky and crap gunpowder. Then, they use that gunpowder to make a bullet, which they use to kill a cow and make more beef jerky. Some people refer to this as the "Circle of Life."

The Sherman tank was originally called the Jonas tank until the Jonas Brothers decided it wasn't tough enough to be associated with them. The Army, for fear of the Jonas Brothers, renamed the tank and promised to develop a weapon more fitting of their name. To date, no weapon created has been badass enough to be named after the Jonas Brothers.

The Jonas Brothers once sued Burger King after they refused to put razor wire in their Whopper Jrs, insisting that that actually is "their" way.

The Jonas Brothers cannot love, they can only not kill.

Most boots are made for walkin'. The Jonas Brothers' boots ain't that merciful.[/quote']

Sorry Rich, but it's friday night and the band just finish and I am (shall we say) a tiny bit lit. I skimmed your blog and all I picked up was Burmuda Triangle and Star Trek. Now I don't know how that ties to the Brothers J, but I trust you seemingly a pretty smart dude have made it work and I have full confidence in your skills and experteese. Please disregard all misspelled words as I am (as previously stated) lit.

BTW... I am a Treker... rock on

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that they get free les pauls and everything else that gibson makes (kramer, epiphone whatever) they have great guitars but why do they have to play through epiphone amps? Gibson amps?

can some one get them a marshall please. even a MG that would be ok too.

I'll say it again, do I need to fly my hick *** out to California or where ever the hell the Jonas Faggots live and kick their *** up and down the west coast? CAUSE I'LL DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Now if you'll be so kind, **** THESE QUEERS and let's talk about something real, as opposed to talkin' 'bout how "great" those fags are.

Luckily for me (if the comments on this forum are any indication), living in the UK means I haven't been bombarded in the same manner as you chaps Stateside.

I'd never heard of them (nor Hannah Montana and some of the others y'all mention) until the week before last. I still haven't heard them play except on those marvellous 'Tutorials' posted here from youtube.

Are they as good as 'The Monkees'? (For the youngsters amongst us, they were a popular beat combo from a classic period of R'n'B).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the jonas brothers and all other pop teen sensations are like 80's disco, its just a faze, something that will be short lived and you will forget like you forgot about hanson from the 90's.

this is what people look in music nowadays

catchy chorus

cool beat

lyrics that makes sense

no drum solos, guitar solos or solos of any type. no metaphores for lyrics that actually have to make you think.

eric clapton said music is dead. what do you think?

the jonas brothers and all other pop teen sensations are like 80's disco' date=' its just a faze, something that will be short lived and you will forget like you forgot about hanson from the 90's.

this is what people look in music nowadays

catchy chorus

cool beat

lyrics that makes sense

no drum solos, guitar solos or solos of any type. no metaphores for lyrics that actually have to make you think.

eric clapton said music is dead. what do you think? [/quote']

I still agree with

, completely.

Funny...... I have two daughters age 10 & 12. And they could give a crap less about the Jonas Bros.

But I don't see where all the extreme hate comes from. It's just corperate Disney teen power pop like Hannah Montana. It's a fad. The kids are lovin' it right now. It will pass. That's what America is all about. No need to get so pissed off about it.

you have to admit if you had the chance to get on stage and play for huge crowds you would do it right? well they did and what they write is the music they like so who are we to judge ? is metal gay? is rock gay? its a matter of opinion. its just that many of us do not have a taste for that music. The reason we dont is probably because most people on the forum like other musicians like jimmy paige. im not saying i like their music but they must be having the time of there life and thats fine with me.

cuz their music is GAY

their image is GAY

and they are GAY

I can totally agree with this guy

The Jonas Suckers are a "pretty boy band" their guitars arn't Probably on any way there's this other guitar player in the band that does all the playing

Funny...... I have two daughters age 10 & 12. And they could give a crap less about the Jonas Bros.

But I don't see where all the extreme hate comes from. It's just corperate Disney teen power pop like Hannah Montana. It's a fad. The kids are lovin' it right now. It will pass. That's what America is all about. No need to get so pissed off about it.

there is a need to get pissed off theres real bands that do real music and do real playing, who are trying to make it big but they can't cause people think of the Jonas Brothers and when they go out of the "fad" there WILL be another one right after them

there is a need to get pissed off theres real bands that do real music and do real playing' date=' who are trying to make it big but they can't cause people think of the Jonas Brothers and when they go out of the "fad" there WILL be another one right after them[/quote']

Hmmm... wouldn't the problem be the music industry then and not the pop acts themselves? Those kids are just pawns. Some of the vitriol directed at them assumes they have some choice in the material they do. I doubt they have any say so or any control over their careers. Look at what happened when Mike Nesmith decided he wanted to be an actual musician in the Monkees. I guess they could just quit... yeah right!

I've heard of them (mostly through the Gibson forums) but I've never heard their music. What causes the rage from people?

Because they stink!!!!

But everyone likes them because there'll all pretty boys. =D>

Ps. If they ever show their faces on this forum let's make them join tim. :-$

allthough i dont like them ' date=' the jonas brothers and hanna montana are doing as good job ......

if seeing them with real instruments on tv gets a few youngsters interested in pickin up a guitar and making music , its worth it =D>

[/quote']

I think your right. I hate them but if it'll keep music alive, even... Though.... Maybe not good music, it's worth dealing with.

Archived