Gibson Brands Forums

How do you know you are getting old

Rabs

Also...

When you regret what you DIDN'T do, more than you regret what you've done!

And, that you relized you're getting more Conservative, as the country is

going more Liberal.

CB

I never understood that reference to getting more conservative as you get older. I'm 66 and as much a lefty as ever, if not more.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood that reference to getting more conservative as you get older. I'm 66 and as much a lefty as ever, if not more.

Well, grampa, that's good...for you, at least. I tend to be more "middle of the road," anyway...

sometimes more liberal, other times more conservative. Anyway, it wasn't meant to get "political," as

I was only speaking for myself. I don't, and would never try to, speak for anyone else.

Cheers,

CB

It looks like I'm singing from the same hymnbook as Grampa,I was always somewhat left leaning but lately I'm on a 70 degree port list.

BTW: Info for landlubbers- Port list is mariner speak for leaning towards the left.

It looks like I'm singing from the same hymnbook as Grampa,I was always somewhat left leaning but lately I'm on a 70 degree port list.

BTW: Info for landlubbers- Port list is mariner speak for leaning towards the left.

You liberals are all the same.... "Port" is a sweet wine...(I should know!)

J/K! I'm far from a sea-faring guy..... but didn't 'port' replace 'larboard'?

A sailing we will go...(see below)...

P.O.S.H...meaning very wealthy and upper class...

Port Out...Starboard Home....

Dating back to the Empire days when sailing to and from India, the best berths avoided excessive sun and heat...

cf...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

V

:-({|=

Guest Farnsbarns

A sailing we will go...(see below)...

P.O.S.H...meaning very wealthy and upper class...

Port Out...Starboard Home....

Dating back to the Empire days when sailing to and from India, the best berths avoided excessive sun and heat...

cf...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

V

:-({|=

That ones a myth. The etymology of the word has it's roots in Romani slang. A "posh kooroona", meaning half crown, was humorous slang for "expensive".

....I'm far from a sea-faring guy..... but didn't 'port' replace 'larboard'?....

Yes.

AFAI can remember from a visit to 'The Golden Hinde' last summer...

In olden days before central rudders were common the Steering-oar (or 'Board') was almost always fastened to the right-hand side of the boat as most sailors - naturally - were right-handed.

This became the 'Steer-board' side of the ship.

The other side was, as you say, 'Larboard' but as this gave rise to some confusion - especially in stormy conditions - an alternative word was recognised to be a Good Thing...

In order to protect the steering-board from accidental damage whilst in port the Starboard was always at the open-water side and the Larboard was next to the quay wall; i.e. next to the Port.

P.

Staying on topic :P

Another one to add..

When you start thinking that kids hair cuts arnt just bad but look plain ridiculous... Theres that style kids wear today that makes it look like they are wearing a helmet on their heads.. just looks plain weird to me :) (must be an age thing?)

this one

woow-hairstyle-hairstyles-for-men-03_zps9de1c8c5.jpg

Staying on topic :P

Another one to add..

When you start thinking that kids hair cuts arnt just bad but look plain ridiculous... Theres that style kids wear today that makes it look like they are wearing a helmet on their heads.. just looks plain weird to me :) (must be an age thing?)

this one

woow-hairstyle-hairstyles-for-men-03_zps9de1c8c5.jpg

They said the same about these lads too...

Early%20Beatles%20Portrait.jpg

Cowboybillybob...

Pulling the ribs not just with a twin, but with a DR?

Sheesh, That ain't no surprise to me, 'cuz I resemble that remark.

I put even my little 30-watt AE amp on wheels with a heavy-duty luggage carrier. It never comes off the carrier. Even so... <sigh> I don't really like situations where I've gotta hoist it up steps so much. The PA has a lightweight 2-wheel cart for the head and cabs.

And here's another one... I go to take pix of a high school girls basketball game and flirt with the cute younger girls - while they and their husbands watch their granddaughters playing varsity. And the husbands don't mind at all compared to 40 years ago.

m

Boy, I leave town for two days and suddenly my whole Death Thread was taken down! <_< Not sure what rule I broke, or if the thread got feisty.

How do I know I getting old? When I can't figure out what the hell is the meaning of the term, "Call Me Maybe".

Haha.. im not sure it was you. I think it started taking on a religous tone towards the end... Which is a no no..

Archived