Gibson Brands Forums

Snowed In....at least, for now.

charlie brown

Well!!!....We've had a great snow storm, probably the biggest one, in THIS area,

in the last 5-6 years, or so. It was a foot deep (level), just going to the garage,

and drifted 2 to 3 times that deep. So, I'm "Stuck," in the house, as I cannot

get the car out, and it just stopped snowing, but there's rumors of more on the way.

How are you all, doing?! I know, that 1 foot seems "nothing" to some folks in the

inner moutain West, or some places back East...but for us, it's pretty substantial.

But we NEED the moisture, so no one's (really) complaining.

Cheers,

CB

Well!!!....We've had a great snow storm, probably the biggest one, in THIS area,

in the last 5-6 years, or so. It was a foot deep (level), just going to the garage,

and drifted 2 to 3 times that deep. So, I'm "Stuck," in the house, as I cannot

get the car out, and it just stopped snowing, but there's rumors of more on the way.

How are you all, doing?! I know, that 1 foot seems "nothing" to some folks in the

inner moutain West, or some places back East...but for us, it's pretty substantial.

But we NEED the moisture, so no one's (really) complaining.

Cheers,

CB

well CB we ain't got it yet but their sayin it will start at about 6:00 pm! and yes WE DO NEED THE MOISTURE HERE TOO!

MOST PONDS AND THE LIKE ARE AROUND 3 FT. LOW AROUND HERE!! west of waterloo that is!

As near as I can tell, we're on the north side of it. Wet flakes frozen on on streets and highways make it a little sticky driving, but the wind's not up, so no big deal as long as somebody doesn't slide into you... It'll be a little nastier if the wind picks up much.

As for snowed in... been there, done that.

m

The sun came out, just prior to sundown. So, things may be looking up? Still,

there's rumors of more on Monday, if not before. But, the farmers are happier,

now. "Winter" here, has been pretty mild, even unseasonably warm, the last 2

years...so, this snow was a bit of a surprise, in it's intensity, and amount,

in such a short time. We've had them forecasted, before, but they either never

materialized, or went around us. Not this time! LOL But, as mentioned, we

welcome the moisture, and are thankful the power is still on...so far, anyway!

Will keep thinkin' the good thoughts!

Stay well, and warm too, Y'all! [biggrin]

CB

I'd rather see him use the Strat than the SG's.....

I'm pretty sure he can replace both SG's for far less than the Strat, and that's not even considering the sentimental value. Like with my SG, CB will never part with his Strat.

[scared] NO guitars, in my house, will be turned into firewood! [thumbdn] Period! [biggrin]

I have lots of furniture to burn! LOL No...the sun came out,

and I just looked out, again...and the skies are clear, the moons

up, and stars are twinkling! Will be in the single digits, tonight,

but warming up, over the next few days. So, I think we're ok, 'til

the next one...whenever that may be?!

Thanks, All! [thumbup]

But, for those who are still expecting it to hit, this evening...

take care, and stay safe!

CB

I'm pretty sure he can replace both SG's for far less than the Strat, and that's not even considering the sentimental value. Like with my SG, CB will never part with his Strat.

Very True! But, the SG's will stay, as well. Took me 40 years to get

another one, I'm not losing them...if "I" have anything to say about it!

CB

We had almost 11inches this morning from about 8am to Noon. Real, real heavy. It was almost like it was raining. Then it let-up for a while. Started again about an hour ago. They're calling for 2-4 more inches before midnight. Actually, it's not that bad. The street crews were ready. They'd been preparing since last weekend because the weather folks were insisting that this storm was going to hit us. Like someone said, we do need the moisture and this snow is pretty wet. A good day for sitting at the window and playing some songs. [thumbup]

not sunny everywhere out west and it's sunny now but earlier this week hit Arizona pretty hard and in a strange way.

We got 1/4 inch in downtown Phoenix there saying it was something called Grapple (soft Hail? ) But it is pretty damn close to snow especially here! We saw both ends we left the cabin in Northern Arizona after about 14 inch of accumulated snow and were running in front of the storm and beat if by about 30 minutes before we got the light dusting in the valley first time in many decades Ive seen Phoenix coverred in white powder grapple or snow it looked like snow.

Northern Arizona Mountains start of storm area by driveway. Snow is not unusual here we get some kind of storm 8-10 times a year. and are winters are short so it's fun!!!

DSC_1074_zpsbda57582.jpg

Center Median of road by Phoenix AZ area house. Not much for snow or Graple but a first for Phoenix and strange to see snow covered green grass especially on the valley of the SUN

imagejpeg_2_zps92ed79ec.jpg

Archived