• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Flat Earth Is the Earth flat?

#121 User is offline   pippy 

• Group: Members
  • LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

View Postfretplay, on 19 July 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

...it took 1500 years before it was accepted that the earth goes round the sun...

Aristarchos of Samos (and others) had discovered the true nature of our planetary nature as part of a solar system as far back as the 3rd century B.C.
It was the Roman Catholic Church and pretty much they alone which refused to accept - and woe betide any who gainsaid them - the scientific evidence which proved that the Earth orbited the Sun and that we were part of a heliocentric system.

Without their self-serving interference science would have progressed much earlier.

Pip.

#122 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

View Postpippy, on 19 July 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Aristarchos of Samos (and others) had discovered the true nature of our planetary nature as part of a solar system as far back as the 3rd century B.C.
It was the Roman Catholic Church and pretty much they alone which refused to accept - and woe betide any who gainsaid them - the scientific evidence which proved that the Earth orbited the Sun and that we were part of a heliocentric system.

Without their self-serving interference science would have progressed much earlier.

Pip.

This [thumbup]

Copernicus and Galileo would agree undoubtedly.

#123 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

And lets not forget Eratosthenes, who calculated the circumference of the Earth using nothing but wooden stakes and shadows. [cool]

#124 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• I'm a bit weaker than when I was young
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

Flat earth got over a 120 responses,I wonder if we talk about if we really went to he moon how the conversation would go...personally I think the moon landing is a fable.1969 technology wouldn't allow it. Feel free to chime in,but no insults please.

#125 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 21 July 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Flat earth got over a 120 responses,I wonder if we talk about if we really went to he moon how the conversation would go...personally I think the moon landing is a fable.1969 technology wouldn't allow it. Feel free to chime in,but no insults please.

Start a new post. I'd be happy to provide a few facts to prove you're wrong. Or, you could watch the Mythbusters episode about the moon landing. I think they pretty much proved everything, at least to my satisfaction.

The most glaring issue about that assumption is that we have rovers on Mars, satellites in orbit, space station, rockets, shuttles and all that kind of stuff now and we've used them. I'd think if we were able to do all that now, if we HADN'T gone to the moon, we would now.

#126 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Mr. Gibson said:

1500664106[/url]' post='1870088']

They had a documentary about that way back and I always wondered if they really had the technology to do it. Of course the documentary disproved it as shown on Net Flix. And watching it just brought more doubts but however the flag that was shown flapping in the wind like it would here from their footage looked fake what the documentary showed. Frankly I could care less if some people want to believe the Earth is as flat as a pancake. Gather them all up and give them a ship cruise to the edge of the Earth and then ask them where it's at?Posted Image
Herman

#127 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 02:19 PM

View PostRetired, on 21 July 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

They had a documentary about that way back and I always wondered if they really had the technology to do it. Of course the documentary disproved it as shown on Net Flix. And watching it just brought more doubts but however the flag that was shown flapping in the wind like it would here from their footage looked fake what the documentary showed. Frankly I could care less if some people want to believe the Earth is as flat as a pancake. Gather them all up and give them a ship cruise to the edge of the Earth and then ask them where it's at?Posted Image

The flag is moving because of the momentum from when they planted it. With the lower gravity and vacuum the flag has less restricted movement than it would on earth. If you had a large enough vacuum you could test it yourself, or you could just take the word from the people that have done it

As far as technology not being advanced enough at that time, well all you have to do to disprove that is research what technology they used. They also had some major malfunctions and almost died, so it's not like they were on autopilot and everything went perfectly
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#128 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Dub-T-123 said:

1500668372[/url]' post='1870102']
The flag is moving because of the momentum from when they planted it. With the lower gravity and vacuum the flag has less restricted movement than it would on earth. If you had a large enough vacuum you could test it yourself, or you could just take the word from the people that have done it

As far as technology not being advanced enough at that time, well all you have to do to disprove that is research what technology they used. They also had some major malfunctions and almost died, so it's not like they were on autopilot and everything went perfectly

I remember watching it all go down on TV as a kid and was amazed with it. Over the decades I forgot some of the issues but The Documentery was pretty convincing with lots of issues. They showed things like the lighting was wrong from the source of the sun, wrong angles of things, no stars were shown in space and in the end they made it look like it was filmed on Earth in a speacial built building. The flag the documentary showed on the moon looked like a cardboard flag and that's what got my attention as to a phony flag and it was only showed in the document. My only doubt before the Net Felix show was the communication. In the 60's, there were no cell phones, walki talkies only reached out so far. There's no telligraph wires from earth to the moon and telephones were old fashioned dial. How could they communicate from earth to the moon? I looked up the explanation which you would have to be a genius to figure out how they did it with a camera that could withstand crushing forces of liftoff and then function in near weightlessness on the moon and transported back to television but on the way back it seems they lost all of the tapes.
Herman

#129 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 PM

View PostRetired, on 21 July 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

How could they communicate from earth to the moon?

Well, let me Google that for you.

#130 User is offline   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

View PostRetired, on 21 July 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I remember watching it all go down on TV as a kid and was amazed with it. Over the decades I forgot some of the issues but The Documentery was pretty convincing with lots of issues. They showed things like the lighting was wrong from the source of the sun, wrong angles of things, no stars were shown in space and in the end they made it look like it was filmed on Earth in a speacial built building. The flag the documentary showed on the moon looked like a cardboard flag and that's what got my attention as to a phony flag and it was only showed in the document. My only doubt before the Net Felix show was the communication. In the 60's, there were no cell phones, walki talkies only reached out so far. There's no telligraph wires from earth to the moon and telephones were old fashioned dial. How could they communicate from earth to the moon? I looked up the explanation which you would have to be a genius to figure out how they did it with a camera that could withstand crushing forces of liftoff and then function in near weightlessness on the moon and transported back to television but on the way back it seems they lost all of the tapes.

Personally I have no doubt that it was real and to be honest I bet they did more that we don't know about. The spaceship itself only had to do relatively very minimal "computing", the brain power was from the people that planned, designed, and executed the project.

As surfpup said, the "Mythbusters" episode will address each issue that you noted and I think it's something you would enjoy watching. I don't consider Mythbusters to be the final proof, but I think it at least answers those things that you brought up
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#131 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

This might explain some things. :rolleyes:

#132 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted Today, 12:40 AM

surfpup said:

1500682240[/url]' post='1870188']
Well, let me Google that for you.

Interesting. Honestly I never knew that. Learn something new every day. The use of the moon as a passive communication satellite was proposed by W. J. Bray of the British General post office in 1940. They calculated with the available microwave transmission powers and low noise receivers it would be possible to beam microwave signals from Earth & reflect off the moon. It was thought at least 1 voice channel would be possible and this technique was developed in parallel by the U.S. Military & Hungarian group led by Bay after World War ll and successfully used in 1946. Then to ensure direct transmission signals from the moon NASA had to maintain stations in 3 continents. 2 in Australia, 1 in the Mojave desert California, one in Spain and a 200 foot radio dish in New South Wales. like I said, I can remember watching the entire launch on TV and the communications in space and the landing and walk on the moon and back. I was 16 then and believed it but watching that documentary was also incredible with its scientific doubts by experts. They brought up tons of questions like radiation exposure. They show footage of the moon walk and it shows shadows coming in 2 different directions from 2 light sources. It was also worth watching and that's what brought on my doubts. It claimed the whole thing was done and shot inside a building to make Russia and the rest of the world think the U.S. Was the first to land on the moon. Even in the footage you provided shows the flag being planted and it's moving around loosely as they plant it showing that it's real waveable flag and then once it's planted and they walk away the flag is blown out straight like strong wind holding it out.
Herman

#133 User is offline   LarryUK 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationBirmingham. UK

Posted Today, 02:44 AM

What about Giants?

I believe that a lot of things are kept from us.
I'm not religious but the Bible talks about them, the Nephilim.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users