Gibson Brands Forums

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! My perfect Gibson

Rabs

Man... its at times like this when I really hate being unemployed and broke.... my first thought when I saw this was, crap, im gonna have to sell my classic.. but that's not gonna happen :P (I need to find a bank to rob or something ;))

I think this is my PERFECT Gibson [love] (seriously if anyone here hasn't tried a double cut, do yourself a favour and try this baby out when they arrive)

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/gibson_les_paul_classic_double_cutaway_translucent_red.asp?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailout+11-07-14

GIBLPCDCTRCH1b_zpse32a49f4.jpg

£1799.00

Gibson Les Paul Classic Double Cutaway - Translucent Red features:

•Back: Mahogany

•Top: AAA Flame Maple

•Neck: Mahogany, '60s rounded

•Fingerboard: Rosewood Fretboard with Trapezoid Inlays

•Hardware: Chrome Tune-o-Matic, Grover Kidney Tuners

•Electronics: BurstBucker PRO Pickups - 1x volume and 1x Tone

•Plastics: Amber Top Hats

•Case: Hardshell

And while we are at it they have two other new beauties of interest

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/gibson_les_paul_the_all_wood_antique_natural.asp?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailout+11-07-14

GIBLPTLPANCH1b_zpsa7c0c46e.jpg

£2499.00

Gibson Les Paul - The All wood - Antique Natural features:

•Back: AAA Flame Maple with Mahogany Core

•Top: AAA Flame Maple

•Neck: Flame Maple, '50s rounded, Maple head veneer

•Fingerboard: Rosewood fingerboard, Maple Block inlays

•Hardware: Chrome Tune-o-Matic, Grover Kidney Tuners

•Electronics: '57 Classic

•Plastics: Clear Knobs with Abalone Top, Aluminium toggle, Rosewood back plates, Rosewood pickup surrounds

•Case: Brown Hardshell

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/gibson_les_paul_supreme_3_pickup_honeyburst.asp?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailout+11-07-14

GIBLPSU36YGH1b_zps1b2b9bd3.jpg

£2599.00

Gibson Les Paul Supreme 3 pickup - Honeyburst features:

•Back: AAA Flame Maple with 3 Ply Binding

•Top: AAA Flame Maple with 7 Ply Binding

•Neck: Mahogany, '50s rounded, Bound headstock with Supreme Globe Inlay

•Fingerboard: RoBound composite fretboard with Split Block Inlays

•Hardware: Gold Tune-o-Matic, Grover Keystone Tuners

•Electronics: 490R/490R/498T 3 volumes and 1 tone

•Plastics: Black pick up surrounds, Gold Knobs

•Case: Black Hardshell

Is it hollow body? My mate had one, but it was hollow body, and sounded as such.

Possibly chambered but I don't think its hollow..

Cant find much other info on this model.. But it has the 120 inlay so must be a production model... (I wonder why they let the shops release this info before its on the Gibson site?)

Hope no- one was offended by the ' poverty' remark- I know true poverty is nothing to joke about, and I used the word thoughtlessly. [blush]

Lol.. no not at all.. its only too true..

As much as I have no money to play with im very lucky that I still have a roof over my head and food to eat... I know many people don't have the support I have.

Hope no- one was offended by the ' poverty' remark- I know true poverty is nothing to joke about, and I used the word thoughtlessly. [blush]

Don't fret none 'bout it!

If you're a musician you've known poverty at one time or another...

I too know what it's like to look at guitars of the things dreams are made of and know I just cannot achieve it...

Situations come and go... Been on both sides of that street... I now own 2 Gibson Les Pauls. Life can be feast or famine!

I'm trying to figure my way into an R6 or a Custom... Gonna take some time...

The big stores were selling double-cuts a few years back, 2011 or so, here in The States and I was very smitten myself and if the right deal came along I can see adding one to my stable!

Man... its at times like this when I really hate being unemployed and broke....

Due to sharing your situation at the moment, I know very well what you're talking about. [crying]

If you're a musician you've known poverty at one time or another...

I too know what it's like to look at guitars of the things dreams are made of and know I just cannot achieve it...

Situations come and go... Been on both sides of that street...

You hit the nail on the head. The very solace I think is that they always made great instruments and will keep on doing so. Sometimes you like them and can afford them the same time, and sometimes not. After having to let them pass many times, there might be another chance to catch them. [rolleyes]

Gibson has lots of extraordinary guitars in the pipe for their 120th anniversary year but I guess there also will be some for their 125th anniversary in 2019, therefore still some hope is left. ;)

Beautiful LP's sweeet but right now I'd be happy with a LP studio,I miss that Gibson tone I get from a Gibson LP.I did have a little bit of cash around in late 2012 and wanted a double cutaway but couldnt find a LP,DC so I figured I'd try a PRS SE Santana it was a DC and the SE's had been getting good reviews and guess I couldnt resist the birds they started putting on the fretboards.It's a great guitar looks great and has a good sound actually the Santana sound is easy to get with it.For some reason I never bonded with it and should either sell it or try to trade it for a LP studio.I have bonded with my melody maker shaped like an explorer with one SD humbucker in it and one volume knob,I just miss not having a LP guess I'll try to save some cash :-({|= .

PRS Se Santana

MVC-026S.jpg

My Gibson MM explorer one volume knob,I do like white guitars.

bf2d6af9-fbc4-4c58-875c-7713faeac3b8.jpg

I planned to buy a doublecut the year they discontinued them. The local Guitar Center had only one, with a dent on the top. The sales guy promised that he could get a pristine one in a few days. He couldn't, the dented one was sold, and that's all she wrote. Gibson released a longhorn model, but I loved the original model.

Archived