Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Quake

Amazingly, this is my first Mahogany and Sitka 6 string acoustic in almost 40 years of playing. It's been in my mitts for 3 hours now and what a joy! I blame/credit the Forum for this as I was tempted to go with the J-35 until I was able to figure out the SJ was really what I wanted; a J-45 all Southern Belle'd up! I'll post a family shot (AJ and J-200) when I get a chance.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

You Don't suppose you could move that guitar and case, so I could get a better look at that leather chair??? Thanks.....oh, and by the way....NICE guitar!!!

This is the most demented post I have ever seen on a guitar forum! There is just no place here for this lack of guitar obsession! [biggrin]

Not the La-Z-Boy B)

I don't think Gibson is making a "regular" SJ now, but it's a more adorned J-45. The TV, which I'm not sure they are making now with the New Vintage, is more similar to the J-45 TV, but with a Sitka top instead of Adirondack.

BTW, mine was made exactly three months ago, which was a Sunday according to the label; do they really work then or is it a typo?

Thanks everyone, now back to playing.

I'm having a daily battle figuring out if I want a J-45 or an SJ. A good argument to be having with oneself, but not made any easier seeing this beauty.

Congrats!

It's not either/or. Get both, like a lot of us here. Then, if you find that you like the sound a playability of both equally, keep the one that has more esthetic appeal to you. (But don't think that will be an easy choice. That's why a lot of us still have......both.)

Great looking guitar, just love the look of the SJ. Would have prefered the tuners to be butter beans than Tulips (thats for squares and jumbos) but thats just me being the regular tuner Natzi.

Enjoy, would love to hear how she sounds !

Great looking guitar, just love the look of the SJ. Would have prefered the tuners to be butter beans than Tulips (thats for squares and jumbos) but thats just me being the regular tuner Natzi.

Enjoy, would love to hear how she sounds !

Haha, you tormenting yourself again about tuners, EA? ;)

Empty yer mailbox fella, tried to contact you about yer Furch dealer but yer mailbox is full

Amazingly, this is my first Mahogany and Sitka 6 string acoustic in almost 40 years of playing. It's been in my mitts for 3 hours now and what a joy! I blame/credit the Forum for this as I was tempted to go with the J-35 until I was able to figure out the SJ was really what I wanted; a J-45 all Southern Belle'd up! I'll post a family shot (AJ and J-200) when I get a chance.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Welcome to the SJ "true/new vintage" club, they're awesome guitars. I've had mine for over 18 months now & it is a total joy to behold & play.

I think Gibson still make the standard one as I do see them for sale in the UK fairly regularly.

I'm with EA on the tuners, prefer the butter beans, but lets not be too picky!

Archived