Gibson Brands Forums

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN NOT GUILTY

moparguy

Injustice. Plain and simple. [thumbdn]

I resent the presumption that there will be automatic rioting. There have been nothing but calls for peaceful responses from the likes of Al Sharpton, Russell Simmons—as well as Martin's family. Those people have showed more class than a lot of people who have been supporting Mr. Zimmerman.

I want to keep my activities here held to guitar talk and the like. I could say a lot more here, but I will refrain.

Injustice. Plain and simple. [thumbdn]

I resent the presumption that there will be automatic rioting. There have been nothing but calls for peaceful responses from the likes of Al Sharpton, Russell Simmons—as well as Martin's family. Those people have showed more class than a lot of people who have been supporting Mr. Zimmerman.

I want to keep my activities here held to guitar talk and the like. I could say a lot more here, but I will refrain.

No disrespect of offense intended. History repeats itself, I personally don't want it to happen but the media has put a racial spin on it and that gets ppl really worked up. It is extremely tragic that Trayvon Martin died. I didn't watch it enough to hear what really happened,I just know an individual lost their life, and it didn't need to happen.

This is not as much a racial thing as some cases. Zimmerman wasn't so much a racist than he was an overzealous neighborhood watch cop wannabe who presumed guilt of a kid in the neigborhood, related it to the proper authorities who thanked him and suggested he do no more. Zimmerman then got out of his car to continue following the kid. He should not have gotten out of his car. That was wrong. This would not have happened if he had stayed in ihs car.

I personally think the media shouldn't be shoving this down our throats like this. Zimmerman is now a star because of this. And because Martin happened to be African American, people like Al Sharpton have their outlet to instigate.

1373778282[/url]' post='1398996']

This is not as much a racial thing as some cases. Zimmerman wasn't so much a racist than he was an overzealous neighborhood watch cop wannabe who presumed guilt of a kid in the neigborhood, related it to the proper authorities who thanked him and suggested he do no more. Zimmerman then got out of his car to continue following the kid. He should not have gotten out of his car. That was wrong. This would not have happened if he had stayed in ihs car.

I agree, but having said that, once the fist start flying and someone is pounding someone else's head into the pavement the survival instinct take over.There are a lot of what ifs that could be asked, what if Travon had just walked away? Or what if Travon had taken the gun away and killed Zimmerman? There are no winners here.

I agree, but having said that, once the fist start flying and someone is pounding someone else's head into the pavement the survival instinct take over.There are a lot of what ifs that could be asked, what if Travon had just walked away? Or what if Travon had taken the gun away and killed Zimmerman? There are no winners here.

msp_thumbup.gifYou my brother get a big +1.

The worst part is the media feeding frenzy. By tomorrow the sharks will be distracted by the smell of new blood.

The facts are that there was not enough evidence to convict the man. Judged by a jury of his peers, found innocent, he walks away.

This is how the system works.

I see the posts about this thread being deleted, but it needs discussing and the story needs telling. Don't believe all you read. I know for a fact that we here in the UK get stories that you don't and vice versa.

DING, DING, DING, DING, We have a winner, you are exactly right, he was told to stay away from him by a dispatcher, Trayvon Martin would still be alive if Zimmerman had done what the police told him to do.

George Zimmerman was not necessarily the innocent cream puff that he appeared to be. He has previously been charged with domestic violence and assault against a police officer while resisting arrest. Regardless of what happened during the confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman, Zimmerman was guilty for creating the conditions that lead up to the confrontation. Zimmerman was guilty of profiling Martin and ignoring recommendations of police not to pursue the victim. The defense did an excellent job of diverting attention away from those facts.

I honestly believe that there was not a conviction is because jurors could not accept the responsibility of sending George Zimmerman to prison.

George Zimmerman was beaten and threatened with death. He shot the 17 year old young man when he was getting his head bashed into the concrete.

My link

He wouldn't have been beaten and threatened with death if he would have done what the police told him and left Martin alone, i.m.h.o.

George Zimmerman was not necessarily the innocent cream puff that he appeared to be. He has previously been charged with domestic violence and assault against a police officer while resisting arrest. Regardless of what happened during the confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman, Zimmerman was guilty for creating the conditions that lead up to the confrontation. Zimmerman was guilty of profiling Martin and ignoring recommendations of police not to pursue the victim. The defense did an excellent job of diverting attention away from those facts.

I honestly believe that there was not a conviction is because jurors could not accept the responsibility of sending George Zimmerman to prison.

Zimmerman is not a government official. So where does profiling come in? He has, as we all still do in this country, the right to think as an individual. The deck was stacked against Zimmerman by the PRESS, and The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. It would be nice to see the Press get it's brown nose from the federal government's butt. Or is there no more separation of the two?

I'm in the UK and this story really shocked me this morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

20 years for not shooting someone? Ridiculous.

This is the bigger picture no one is talking about. You have this dumb law in FL that allows wannabe vigilantes to escalate a situation and then have a way out when it goes badly and they cannot will not apply the law evenly.

Archived