Gibson Brands Forums

glad i moved my pickguard

blindboygrunt

Good for you - and a good thing the burst hadn't changed hue.

How old is the guitar and did you keep it outside the case all the time ??

The guitar is 2005 , I have it just short of 2 years and it hasn't been inside the case unless I am taking it somewhere n those 2 years.

Have no idea what the previous owners rules were .

The guitar is 2005 , I have it just short of 2 years and it hasn't been inside the case unless I am taking it somewhere n those 2 years.

Have no idea what the previous owners rules were .

2 years in broad daylight, maybe more - mmmm, I'm tempted.

It looks fine.

Looks much better with the full rosette exposed. (However, it looked the best with no pickguard at all. I'd be scared to death to play it that way, tho.)

FMA

I did think that for a little while too FM. Left it for best part of a day just in case, but then I preferred it back on.

I can see how folk like it naked though

Anyone think it looked better before ?

I'd be interested , albeit slightly baffled , but don't be afraid to say it looks stupid now.

I think it looks good now, but think it looked ok before too. Recalling the nightmare Buc had when he had his first repositioned, I am loathe to do any modification on mine. I'll just beat on it where it lies.

J45CurtManganStrings.jpg

Anyone think it looked better before ?

I'd be interested , albeit slightly baffled , but don't be afraid to say it looks stupid now.

I wish I never knew..

I saw this issue with the pickguards mentioned maybe a year ago on this forum. And when I looked

at mine I noticed mine is on the same as your was.

And I never even noticed,, how odd it looked until all you bastards made me notice it..lol

(and I say bastards in the most endearing of terms,, honestly :)

Hell yes blindboygrunt,,, it looks way better now.

Was it a difficult mod?

Welcome to the PRBC (Pickguard Repositioning Bastards Club)!

Anyone who's been on this forum for any amount of time now should definitely know where I stand on this subject.

Looks great BBG. Nicely done.

I have to say its beyond me. I am still willing to believe that there are folk that prefer it covering the white ring , we're not all the same and different strokes for different folks and all that.

But , really , every time I look at it it makes me wonder why it would've been where it was .

And by the the amount I moved it the idea that its somehow giving extra protection isn't cutting it .

Archived