Gibson Brands Forums

What gear would you never sell?

daveinspain

I've posted this, several times before, when such questions are asked...but, again,

I would never sell this 1964 Fender "L" Series Stratocaster guitar, Period!

It was my first ever, "electric" guitar, and a 14th birthday present, in 1964,

from my dear (departed) Mother. That fact, alone, makes it "priceless" to me!

DSC_0022.jpg

As of November, 2014, this Strat and I have been partners, for 50 years! [scared] Amazing!! [crying][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

CB

Well, it's decades late, but this was my first guitar

http://reverb.com/item/23287-gibson-lg-0-1965-mahogany

Actually, mine was a '61, and I remember Dad saying that if I was going to learn to play the guitar, I'd have to learn on a Gibson. So off we went to the music store where we scored one of these babies for $85 (and we financed it - hey it was 1961!!) This guitar was traded for my first electric, which was traded for the second, well, you see the pattern here... I'd love to have that original LG 0 back.

Well,, I don't have the gems that CB or Karloff have but I would never sell

my Classic Custom, my J-45 or my 87 Hamer Chaparral Custom.

The neck on that Hamer is amazing.

It was the closest feel I could find to replace my 69 custom that was stolen.

And that was including the new customs off the shelf at that time(87).

The frets are almost the same and it has the old jet black smooth as glass ebony fretboard.

The action is incredible.

My '73 SG or my 90 MIM Strat....it would take a sum that is exponential to their appraised worth to get me to sell and I'd spend a long time looking for a replacement.

I wouldn't EVER sell grampa's violin, which mom has in a safe place (he fed us all with that violin and if I'm homeless I'll learn to play it and be a beggar with it.

Grampa's guitar...its not a great instrument, but he played it and it has his mojo. I'd be a hobo with two instruments.

I've posted this, several times before, when such questions are asked...but, again,

I would never sell this 1964 Fender "L" Series Stratocaster guitar, Period!

It was my first ever, "electric" guitar, and a 14th birthday present, in 1964,

from my dear (departed) Mother. That fact, alone, makes it "priceless" to me!

DSC_0022.jpg

As of November, 2014, this Strat and I have been partners, for 50 years! [scared] Amazing!! [crying][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

CB

That Sir, is STUNNING!

I'd not part with my Sambora Strat. It's reliable, solid and plays like a dream. I do believe it was made when all planets were aligned and it is imbued with great presence and mojo, despite being only 19yrs old.

That Sir, is STUNNING!

I'd not part with my Sambora Strat. It's reliable, solid and plays like a dream. I do believe it was made when all planets were aligned and it is imbued with great presence and mojo, despite being only 19yrs old.

[biggrin] Thanks, Nick...it plays/sounds as good as it looks, too. [thumbup]

CB

Guest Farnsbarns

Never say never but I didn't sell my R8 when I really should have earlier in the year. Only just finished repaying my rent arrears.

I don't think I've posted this picture before........:---)

Lo-resMarmaladeframed.jpg

'95 R0 as I'm sure y'all know by now....LOL!

She plays far better than she looks.

P.

Hmmm...not bad, not bad...but "Honey" is nicer. Would it be possible, to take a look at it again? :rolleyes:

Cheers... Bence

Hmmm...not bad, not bad...but "Honey" is nicer. Would it be possible, to take a look at it again? :rolleyes:

Yes, Bence, but I didn't buy Marmalade for her looks.

I bought her because after 30+ years of searching I finally found LP tonal Heaven.

I wasn't kidding about the 'plays better than she looks' bit.

However, Ask and ye shall receive.

Honey. Again...lol!

portraitHoneyframed_zpsa4db860b.jpg

P.

Thank You, Pippy!

Unfortunately, most of us here cannot enjoy the tone of Your instruments. We have to settle with their fantastic looks!

[wink]

"Honey" looks the same as I would imagine a real late 50s vintage Les Paul. It looks so naturally aged. Simply perfect.

Cheers... Bence

All the stuff I would list in the What Gear Do You Miss? thread or any other Stuff I Should Have Kept Thread would be made up of stuff I would never sell.

They are just guitars and amps. If life calls for it, and it has for me, just sell it. The important thing to do and be is a guitar player that can show up and pretty much use whatever to do whatever.

rct

Very cold response but if that's how you feel that's fine. I guess when it comes down to it if there is something of value you won and have to sell it out of necessity there's not much you can do about it. Lets say a piece of jewelry from a grand parent or a watch from your dad or something you were given by someone you love. It's true none of us will take anything with us when we dies but it's nice to have somethings that mean something to you other than just being an object.

Archived