Gibson Brands Forums

Going to see Sir Paul Tonight

jaxson50

We are in Missoula Montana to see Sir Paul play at Grizzly Stadium tonight.

Glad for you, I think you will be witnessing a great rock'n'roll event. [thumbup]

This cannot be...I was just playing some records backwards and it clearly says Paul is dead!!!...his double maybe?

What records do you refer to? Perhaps I could load them into my audio workstation for listening backwards without damaging vinyl discs or styluses ;)

It's a great show and no doubt you'll have a fantastic time!

I've had the pleasure of seeing Macca 5 times and every time I leave thinking wow that's the best show I've ever seen.

I've thought that 5 time now. lol

I think his band really enjoys getting him to play album cuts that weren't hits.

Nineteen hundred and eighty-five rocked last time I saw him.

My favorite moment ...... The man and his ukelele, center stage singing Ram On from my favorite Macca album Ram.

Never thought I'd witness that.

I've been fortunate enough, to see "Macca" with "The Beatles," Wings, and his first

(non "Wings") band, and this current band, as well. ALL were outstanding, in their

own ways. He's a real "pro," but with the "everyman" sensibility, that made all

The Beatles great!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the evening, a LOT! [biggrin]

CB

I've seen Macca a total of seven times…

2 shows at Madison Square Garden in 1990… 2 shows in Foxboro, MA the same year (maybe 1991 by then?)… 1 show in Hartford, CT in 1991(?)—or was it the Boston Garden? (memory almost full, I guess! :rolleyes: )… 1 show at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in 2002 (he pulled "Getting Better" out of a hat—literally seconds before my friend and I said to each other, "How cool would it be if he played 'Getting Better' tonight?!"

But, the crowning jewel on my McCartney shows was in 2007 when I saw him at Amoeba Music in Hollywood, CA. I won tickets by answering two trivia questions just hours before the show! Amazing.

I'I won tickets by answering two trivia questions just hours before the show! Amazing.

What were the questions? I won 6th row tickets to see the Who in Houston by answering what American president was elected twice to non contiguous terms.

What were the questions? I won 6th row tickets to see the Who in Houston by answering what American president was elected twice to non contiguous terms.

Haha! That would have been Grover Cleveland.

The questions were, "From whom did Paul's dad buy his piano from?". Answer: Brian Epsteins' father's music store

… and then I had to name the song that some lyrics they read were from. Good thing I am a hardcore McCartney fan, because I bought Memory Almost Full on its release day… and it was a deep cut from the album, "See Your Sunshine".

What a great show! I have been having problem posting on the forum, I don't know why, but while I'm able I will post what I can.Sir Paul played for 3 hours! The stage production was the best I have ever seen, it is hard to imagine a 72 year old person doing what he did last night.Lovely Rita, Lady Madonna, Something, When I Saw Her Standing There, Let it Be, Helter Skelter, I Got a Feeling, Long and Winding Road, Live and Let Die, Back in the USSR, Yesterday, Blackbird, And I Love Her, and so many many others.It was just an astounding experience.I have been going to shows since 1965, the closest thing I have seen in high energy yet quality showmanship would be ELO and TSO, and neither of them has such a deep catalog of work to draw on. Honestly, he could have played another three hours and not run out of material. His vocals were spot on, his guitar, bass and piano playing was top drawer. The Abbey Road jam was so damn great there was not one person sitting.Thank You Sir Paul for making our 30th anniversary the best night ever for us...There is only one Sir Paul, See him while you can.

Archived