Gibson Brands Forums

Blackstar Amps.

AXE®

I recently went out and test fired the Blackstar amp line up and was totally impressed with...well Everything!

Selling 2 of my Marshalsl 100s 1 AFD - 1 DSL. And replacing them With 1 Artisan and 1 Series 1.

For a starter I nabbed one of these.

20140924_155733-1_zpsdouiahax.jpg

20140924_160324-1_zpsye1l6yay.jpg

Might pick up the HT-5 for a nice portable jam night amp...and to save money on tubes. How loud does it get?

-Ryab

My HT5R head drives a 4 x 12 louder than you want to be in front of :)

Cool thing is the sound stays sweet when you turn it down.

Yeah they are building some excellent amps. Haven't heard a bad one yet. But AXE® selling off stacks to buy combos? WTF? Surely the end is near. The earth is spinning off its axis as we speak! [biggrin]

They make the powerful Blackstar Series One amp heads and 4 x 12 cabinets, too.

The missing gravity improves tone. Heavy sounds will easily propagate from the speaker cones. [scared]

[rolleyes] :P [biggrin]

Lack of 'GForce' is a common complaint. 'GForce' is labeled 'ISF' on Blackstar amps. Twist the 'ISF' (aka GForce) knob all the way to the right and the full weight of gravity will take you to "Heavy Heaven" [thumbup]

Good to see Axe back up on the forum [thumbup]

I got an HT-5 about a year ago based on recommendations from guys on this forum and have not been dissapointed. I like to play clean a lot, so did replace the tube with one that has a little more headroom, but that was like less than $20 to dial it in the way I like.

Archived