Gibson Brands Forums

5 Bands you can't stand

houndman55

interesting to see a few nominate Green Day - they were the second (after Supertramp [biggrin]) band that entered my mind, then I thought, nah - I'm being too harsh, and there are many worse bands.

... but there's something that grates and I don't quite know what it is - maybe something about integrity/cynicism rather than music... [confused]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of these bands play into their base and do quite well. I may not listen to their music but I certainly wouldn't put them into a "can't stand" category. For example, at least Madonna writes her own music. Yeah it's simple catchy-type tunes but I think she's incredible smart and knows how to market herself. The Doors are usually in the love or hate category, which is the same for Rush. I love them both.

The Offspring and any other suburban SoCal mom drives me to rehearsal in a mimivan punk. It's punk without angst or an attitude.

Everclear/Counting Crows and any other adult alternative band from the late nineties.

Sublime or any other frat guy band

Aerosmith - they've been making the same tired album since day one and are completely oblivious to that fact.

Limpbizkit or however you spell that *** rap rock group. Sound track to TKE date rapes everywhere.

Honorable mention to Jay Z for being the most overrated rapper ever. I don't get his popularity.

I just don't believe ya rct!

Some surprises on "hates" above for me (notwithstanding rct).

I can't understand ZZ top or early (Peter Green) Fleetwood Mac figuring on any "hate list" but there you go...

Justin Bieber certainly should be at the very top of any list and Coldplay always leaves me cold. I can't stand Bono but some U2 stuff I actually like.

Nickelback

Saving Abel

Buckcherry

Three Days' Grace

Pink Floyd

Plus countless others, much-less-annoying-but-still-(dis?)honourable mentions include the Rolling Stones, Halestorm, any of the 80s "W" bands, and Motley Crue. Note that most of the bands that I well and truly dislike are butt-rock bands.

I have a very limited but very definite amount of respect for Jon Bon Jovi, because, despite his financial fortitude, his favourite guitar is one of those 80s Les Paul Deluxe... things. I still can't really stand his music. The same goes for Billy Cougar Springsteencamp.

I would never have expected to see Pink Floyd ever appear on any such list.

You need therapy...

No, I think I'm quite fine. I find their music to be overproduced, self-indulgent blues lawyer drivel. The Minutemen will do, for me, quite nicely, thanks.

E. Green Day. - Hey Billy or Daffy or whatever your name is lead singer. The Sex pistols are gone, the great Sid Vicious is dead, The Ramones are dead, you are not a replacement and are not fit to shine the boots of Johnny Rotten. Go Way with your blue Strat. Just leave. You are not punk.

=D>

=D>

=D>

=D>

Archived