Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

ReGuitar

Hello everyone,

When I made up my mind about buying a Les Paul my first choice was the Traditional model.

I had already chosen the color, Mahogany satin. Trads are cheaper than standards and their look definitely rocks.

But, I hadn't thought of one particular point. Ergonomy.

1 - I've been having lower back pain lately so the Standard weight-relieved body was taken into stronger consideration.

2 - In spite of not having small hands I do prefer 60's neck profile. It feels more comfortable and fits my hand better than the 50's when it comes to shredding parts and bends.

Plus, Although Grover locking tuners don't look as good as Kluson, IMO they're better to keep the guitar in tune.

So, I made a decision and emptied my wallet. (Down here we pay for a Standard as much as USA customers pay for a Custom model. Thank you Import Taxes! [cursing] )

Well, here's my 2013 Gibson [thumbup] Les Paul Standard :-({|= Trans Amber [love]

Regards

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Hello everyone,

When I made up my mind about buying a Les Paul my first choice was the Traditional model.

I had already chosen the color, Mahogany satin. Trads are cheaper than standards and their look definitely rocks.

1 - I've been having lower back pain lately so the Standard weight-relieved body was taken into stronger consideration.

2 - In spite of not having small hands I do prefer 60's neck profile. It feels more comfortable and fits my hand better than the 50's when it comes to shredding parts and bends.

Plus, Although Grover locking tuners don't look as good as Kluson, IMO they're better to keep the guitar in tune.

So, I made a decision and emptied my wallet. (Down here we pay for a Standard as much as USA customers pay for a Custom model. Thank you Import Taxes! [cursing] )

Well, here's my 2013 Gibson [thumbup] Les Paul Standard :-({|= Trans Amber [love]

Regards

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Congrats on the new ax.....looks good..... [thumbup]

Very nice catch, ReG, congrats, HNGD on this beauty! [wub]

Translucent Amber is one of my favoured finishes. [love] There has been a 2012 Standard "close call" featuring it but I finally went with a Honey Burst which played better.

I'm glad you are fine with her. [thumbup]

Looks very nice indeed.

I know just what you mean about import duty and taxes; I am in the UK and the last guitar I bought (from USA) I got stiffed for 23% extra tax and duty. Outrageous.

Yeah, I completely understand the reasons for protectionist policy, but I don't agree (like I had a choice) paying taxes to protect manufacturers that can't provide high-quality products.

I mean, I pay for them to continue being obsolete. [thumbdn]

Beautiful guitar, enjoy!

Very very nice congrat and enjoy :)

Thank you guys! [smile]

The ergonomics of the Les Paul is one reason I don't have one.

I think all guitars should be considered more as our fellow picker from Brazil in terms of ergonomics. We have to play the things. This instrument is beautiful - but its beauty is only a small part of being useful as an instrument.

Re.... Best wishes to your enjoyment of this guitar for many, many years ahead.

m

Beautiful instrument. I'd be proud too. Congrats [thumbup]

The ergonomics of the Les Paul is one reason I don't have one.

I think all guitars should be considered more as our fellow picker from Brazil in terms of ergonomics. We have to play the things. This instrument is beautiful - but its beauty is only a small part of being useful as an instrument.

Re.... Best wishes to your enjoyment of this guitar for many, many years ahead.

m

Thank you guys for your nice comments. [smile]

RE...

BTW, Brazil can be a nice place for people like me to visit. The restaurant people could not believe that I love your coffee - and did not want a demi-tasse - but a big, big cup of the coffee.

But at my workplace, I make the coffee. Everyone else says that they need a knife and fork to eat it. <grin>

m

Hello everyone,

Regards

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Beautiful Guitar. Love the top and the finish. [thumbup]

Archived