Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

awel

I was interested by the SG 2015 Special because I found it beautiful (and I am still) but finally I have ordered this:

antique_cherry2b_zpsa13ce850.jpg

Should be at home tonight when I will back from work

I am really curious, I was looking for something different than my Les Paul, Strat and Tele, I am Queen and Brian May fan, I know it is far from the original model but I have read good reviews about it and I wanna know how it will sound with my amp, pedals and mainly style of playing. :)

I will post picture tonight and as soon as possible a short video test.

It will be my birthday gift one day in advance.

Nice Guitar I too am a Queen and Brian May fan...Hope you can get that same unique tone...Beatiful

Thanks, but to be honest, I think Brian's music is too complex for me, I mean I play mainly classic rock and blues rock so I will not go so far with effects like Brian May goes so that's why I am really curious to see if I can get some kind of 'my own sound' out of it :)

Thanks, but to be honest, I think Brian's music is too complex for me, I mean I play mainly classic rock and blues rock so I will not go so far with effects like Brian May goes so that's why I am really curious to see if I can get some kind of 'my own sound' out of it :)

Understandable... [thumbup]

Nice guitar. How much does it weigh?

I don't know and I can't find any information about it but I will say that it weight the same as my Fender Vintage Hotrod 62 Stratocaster, so about 7.7lbs

I remember reading that he built his own guitar that he used with Queen, and honestly didn't know they were now manufactured. Who builds them? Did he start a company, or does someone else manufacturer them to his specs? Looks cool, and with all the in/out of phase buttons and such reminds me of a LP recording. Seems you will need a Vox AC30 to get close to his tone. Happy NGD and enjoy [thumbup]

Archived