Gibson Brands Forums

"End of an Era" Part II

Hall

Woke up this morning to a news story on the radio. Sears is selling it's Craftsman brand to Stanley Tools. Along with Murph's post noting the closing of a Sears store in his area; this one really reinforces the end of an era feel. Sad stuff.

Woke up this morning to a news story on the radio Sears is selling it's Craftsman brand to Stanley Tools. Along with Murph's post noting the closing of a Sears store in his area; this one really reinforces the end of an era feel. Sad stuff.

I wonder if that will be the end of the Lifetime Guaranteed Replacement on the Craftsman line as well? <_<

I was in outhern Idaho this past summer.. craftsman being sold in Kmart.. Most of the sears stores up here have craftsman.. but there not U.S made.. actually the stores up here are fading away slowly..

Sear's has been dead for years, they just didn't know enough to lay down. As a kid, I remember anxiously awaiting the new Sear's Catalog. How times have changed.

As for the Craftsman stuff, once they went Chinese, those tools were $hit, and Sears lost their a$$ in refunds/replacements from what I'm told.

I can honestly say that I haven't been in a Sear's store in at least a decade, so I for one, won't miss them.

Let's face it folks, the internet has taken over as far as shopping (not the female "shopping" or "looking at everything, in every aisle", but the male I NEED THIS PARTICULAR THING) goes.

PS - I'm not being sexist, it's just the difference between me and the Mrs. and how we "shop". LOL.

As for the Craftsman stuff, once they went Chinese, those tools were $hit, and Sears lost their a$$ in refunds/replacements from what I'm told.

I haven't tried all the Craftsman power tools but from what I can see they look like cheap Chinese crap as you say

The hand tools tend to be good though, and they still make some of those in the US. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the hand tools have the lifetime warranty, not the power tools right?

Wow.

Craftsman and Kenmore was about all they had left. And Diehard.

I just read Macy's is closing 68 stores.

I'm looking forward to this economy getting a kick in the right direction, I'm just about ready for a new truck......

1483650199[/url]' post='1824852']

Duane was with SnapOn

I'm curious about the lifetime warrantee too

Me too. When I started drag racing my uncle in the Air Force gave me an entire set of tools to use. During those years I added and have both Craftsman and Snap On plus Metric.

Well then I think we can assume there's no more lifetime warranty.

I'm not sure what other marketing tool (pun intended) Craftsman has, AND I don't know any reason why the Goliath that is Stanley would even spend the money to buy the name, except to keep someone else from having it.

I'm not sure what other marketing tool (pun intended) Craftsman has, AND I don't know any reason why the Goliath that is Stanley would even spend the money to buy the name, except to keep someone else from having it.

Well not to worry. You know who is going to make America great again... [scared][unsure]

Archived