Gibson Brands Forums

By way of introduction, a song and photos

Mr. Paul

I understand that to get ones ticket punched here, a video is suggested. Well, alrighty then B)

When I retired, I sold some nice guitars, one of which was a J45 standard, 2006 or so. After 5 years of having one nice guitar I got bit by the bug last February and spent 2016 restocking. In August I road tripped to Alburquerque, 350 miles one way, to check out a '46 J45 and it came back home with me.

31495978961_ccb5f18479_c.jpgNifty Gibson Fire Burst b-2 by Westcliffe Slim, on Flickr

29764543966_67bc65fe1f_c.jpg1946 Gibson J45 by Paul Leach, on Flickr

Here is one I recorded this afternoon. I'm mostly a fingerpicker, using Alaska picks and various thumbpicks. The song is 80 Acres, written by Tim Grimm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_R5MI3jsH4

Welcome, Mr. Paul...isn't that one gorgeous-looking and sounding guitar. I won't say anything more and will let those who know a ton more than I do about guitars exclaim about it.

Very nice singing too. I like your and clear and honest vocal delivery. Very well-suited for this story-telling song.

Nice. And what a nice recording to wind down a day with.

Beautiful guitar. The ’46’s have as much of a mystique about them as do the Banners; former Gibson workers were returning from the war, building guitars again, and things were looking up.

A fine song, and a good sounding J-45.

Welcome in.

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Paul. I really enjoyed your song. You and the guitar sound like you belong together...lol.... I like your soft and easy fingerpicking and your performance was solid too. Hope we get to hear more your songs. Glad you've joined us here. [thumbup]

Archived