Gibson Brands Forums

Oh Dear. Henry, what have you done?

LarryUK

That explains the extremely high priced guitars coming out lately, I guess. I hope it all works out because I love the guitars. If not, I guess the value of the ones we own will go through the roof! I've done my part to support them this year. :)

keep in mind the article said Gibson Brands. that does not necessarily mean that Gibson USA or the guitar company. they own lots of other music companies involving all aspects of music, from making it to hearing it. i bet lots of those are hemorrhaging cash. with boomers on the decline, and the current generations preference for music that is not guitar driven, or not even rock, things are changing. there are going to be challenges, but i seriously doubt gibson guitars are going anywhere, anytime soon. if that day ever comes though, i'm gonna buy a whole truckload of 57 classics, burstbuckers and 496/498 pickups. the guitars are nice as a whole, no question about it. but jmo, i think gibby makes the best pick ups out there. people are gonna need em when rock comes back in style again

[flapper]

keep in mind the article said Gibson Brands. that does not necessarily mean that Gibson USA or the guitar company. they own lots of other music companies involving all aspects of music, from making it to hearing it. i bet lots of those are hemorrhaging cash. with boomers on the decline, and the current generations preference for music that is not guitar driven, or not even rock, things are changing. there are going to be challenges, but i seriously doubt gibson guitars are going anywhere, anytime soon. if that day ever comes though, i'm gonna buy a whole truckload of 57 classics, burstbuckers and 496/498 pickups. the guitars are nice as a whole, no question about it. but jmo, i think gibby makes the best pick ups out there. people are gonna need em when rock comes back in style again

[flapper]

I do agree it seems laughable that Gibson would ever go away but these are strange times.

"The Nashville-based company, famous for its Les Paul guitar, has $1.2 billion in revenue annually, according to Moody's, and manufactures brands Gibson, Philips, Epiphone, Kramer, Baldwin, Onkyo, KRK and Stanton."

[confused]

I'm amazed at that annual revenue amount. I assumed it would be much much more than that.. wow [unsure]

Rock died the day Lemmy did. Well maybe long before that. Best pickups, that is surely subjective.

Lemmy wouldn't take kindly to defeatist attitudes.

Although, really, I... pretty much agree with you (and here's a pat on your butt - ever since I joined this forum, I've liked your posts). There will never be another Lemmy, just like there will never be another Elvis. He carved a niche, and leaves a void. They were an excellent band. Good for Mikkey that he landed the Scorpions gig, and I hope Phil prospers. Speaking of Phil, most people don't realize what a load he pulled after Wurz left (possibly the dumbest decision ever). Lemmy didn't actually write actual music the last fifteen years. Something here and there, and all the vocals and vocal melodies. But it was pretty much the Phil and Mikkey show.

Then of course, he deserved an easy chair. It's no big secret that Phil pulled a huge load, but I still feel physically sick - I'm dead serious - posting something that could be construed as denigrating Lemmy. I have such a respect for that man.

/Fellow Motorheadbanger

Archived