Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

4 minutes ago, jdgm said:

So what were those? I don't remember any Teles....in your, uh....previous incarnation?

Yep had 4 all gone now. I should have never sold my mid 70s one with those big Fender pups. It would be worth some cash. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Got my fat butt on my rowing machine. 

That's the wrong exercise for a fat but Lol,  Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg extensions, Hamstring Curls, Lunges, etc. Those tighten up the glutes.  I used to do all them plus more & Deb gave me a hug back then and told me, "I felt like a solid piece of rock."  

I knew what you met though Sgt. 

3 hours ago, jdgm said:

So what were those? I don't remember any Teles....in your, uh....previous incarnation?

Bought all the parts separately for this one. Has a Warmoth neck. The body is  Fender California Edition. 

o2EYTiR.jpg

This is the Hiway One. That neck was great.

yhpNah0.jpg

The Standard 

tHAn2bP.jpg

I got no picture of the mid-70's one. Sold it in the mid 80's like a fool.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Retired said:

That's the wrong exercise for a fat but Lol,  Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg extensions, Hamstring Curls, Lunges, etc. Those tighten up the glutes.  I used to do all them plus more & Deb gave me a hug back then and told me, "I felt like a solid piece of rock."  

I knew what you met though Sgt. 

Actually its my gut, the fat butt is an expression. I paid the taxes on the house in SC last week. Didn't this country  get started by people who were fed up with paying taxes to a King across the pond? Just sayin.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Retired said:

Just got back from the dentist at 7:00 PM. I was the last patient and got a root canal. Didn't feel a thing but I was bored & tired holding my mouth wide open for 1 1/2 hours. I had 3 dead nerves he fixed. 

I've had two. They are no fun. Well if you like needles (I don't) and a drill in your mouth and those small little files the dentist uses. Its a real blast.

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Actually its my gut, the fat butt is an expression. I paid the taxes on the house in SC last week. Didn't this country  get started by people who were fed up with paying taxes to a King across the pond? Just sayin.

That and religious repression.  People left England just to come to this continent, start another nation that 200 some years later would get back to the business of religious repression.

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Bought all the parts separately for this one. Has a Warmoth neck. The body is  Fender California Edition. 

o2EYTiR.jpg

This is the Hiway One. That neck was great.

yhpNah0.jpg

The Standard 

tHAn2bP.jpg

I got no picture of the mid-70's one. Sold it in the mid 80's like a fool.

My sudo Tele's

2tVS5L4.jpg

I had a Telecaster Bass as well

FOqTFHX.png

34 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

G&L’s are tight. My buddy had a few. Jazz Bass and a Tele. They may be better than Fenders.

I made a mistake selling my G&L, it was a really good player but a little heavy because of the mahogany body.

My Korean made FMT was a beautiful guitar but had a few problems..

The Tele Bass was one of my favorites, specially the way it sounded through my SVT.

Edited by mihcmac

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’m fed up with our king, any takers? I’ll throw in a c note if you do.

• Like 1

I officiated at the 'renewal of wedding vows' ceremony today, for some friends from work. 

Bruce and Mary were celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary this week, and the family and a bunch of close friends showed up for the ceremony and a nice afternoon supper.

Two people, married all that time (since January of 1967), and still best friends. 
So good. 

It was an honor to do the gig. 
Such a great couple!
🙂

Watercolor+Plants+In+A+Vase+-+Wrapped+Ca

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

YES! Thats what I always thought. And we went right back to serving the rich & paying taxes. 

11 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Had a wisdom tooth pulled 6 or 7 years ago.  Dentist said it was the 2nd worst one he ever had to pull. Took it out in 3 or 4 pieces.  Jaw hurt for a week - the muscle from him pulling on it while I tried to keep it open.  Next time I'll have him use a smidgeon of C4. 

Both mine came out about 41 to 42 years ago. I thought he had broke my jaw it hurt so bad.  Both teeth were healthy but he said they had to both come out for some reason?  Thought I had gone back to the 1800's as he used pliers to push around and bust them both out.  I quit going to that dentist. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I figured so Sgt, But I couldn't resist the joke.  About 20 years ago, I had a gal come up to me at the gym and asked me, "What exercise can I do to lose my fat butt?"  I mentioned to her all the ones I said above and gave her a few more because to each one of the ones I told her, Her reply was, "Well, I'm not doing that one!"  And so None of the exercises appealed to her as I explained each one to her.  So in the end I told her, "Well, enjoy your fat butt!" and walked away, Lol. 

18 minutes ago, Retired said:

I figured so Sgt, But I couldn't resist the joke.  About 20 years ago, I had a gal come up to me at the gym and asked me, "What exercise can I do to lose my fat butt?"  I mentioned to her all the ones I said above and gave her a few more because to each one of the ones I told her, Her reply was, "Well, I'm not doing that one!"  And so None of the exercises appealed to her as I explained each one to her.  So in the end I told her, "Well, enjoy your fat butt!" and walked away, Lol. 

The ones we do at my house in the bedroom. That would be my response.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Retired said:

YES! Thats what I always thought. And we went right back to serving the rich & paying taxes. 

Proof of America's superiority is that every artist and actor world wide who's made their millions complaining about America moves there. 

Or stays there even though they declare an imminent move if the wrong guy gets elected. 

Edited by Pinch
  • Thanks 1