Gibson Brands Forums

Your Local Supply Chain...

Murph

Southern Illinois/Western Ky. at I-24. Metropolis/Paducah metro area, around 100,000.

Bread, flour and toilet paper can't be found. I'm told you can get bread early in the morning. Sam's Club had paper towels yesterday and the crowds weren't too bad. The larger grocery stores are sold out of milk faster than the smaller ones. Soups and canned meat shelves are getting bare as well.

Gas is no problem, and getting cheaper.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

In a few weeks some people won't have to buy toilet paper for 5 months, when we the zombies all go back in their graves.

Do zombies need TP?  They don't seem too concerned about hygiene in general and I don't know too much about zombie physiology but they probably don't produce waste.  But who knows.

13 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Do zombies need TP?  They don't seem too concerned about hygiene in general and I don't know too much about zombie physiology but they probably don't produce waste.  But who knows.

The eternal question - does a zombie poop in the woods?

Would be funny on The Walking Dead to see...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

They eat brains, they have to get rid of it somehow.

My question is:  why should a business owner be forced to close just because the gov says so? {  think  :dictatorship} It seems our freedoms/choices are in danger  more + more  with all the hype about this,,I know its a very serious thing but the overall economic damage  may be far worse than the bug itself.    Well see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 10K-DB said:

My question is:  why should a business owner be forced to close just because the gov says so? {  think  :dictatorship} It seems our freedoms/choices are in danger  more + more  with all the hype about this,,I know its a very serious thing but the overall economic damage  may be far worse than the bug itself.    Well see.

This disease spreads by droplet.  

Droplet spread is caused by congregations of people from disparate microcosms of immunity and environment.

People keep congregating, people keep spreading disease via droplet.

Businesses stay open until everybody is sick.

Nobody comes in, then they close down in a hurried, crisis situation and probably a good percentage of them don't come back.

The economic damage from under-reaction has been shown to be far greater than the economic damage from over-reacting.  As it is at the moment, we can contemplate reaction, thoughtfully get to negotiated points of orderly tamping down of social congregation, and try to soften the damage over a time that is, hopefully, shorter than that time devoted to under-reacting until everything is a massive fukking shitstorm.

Why is it hard for people to understand this idea?  Are people that bulletproof?  Do people really not think others can be in situations that could go pretty horribly sideways from catching this?

rct

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, rct said:

This disease spreads by droplet.  

Droplet spread is caused by congregations of people from disparate microcosms of immunity and environment.

People keep congregating, people keep spreading disease via droplet.

Businesses stay open until everybody is sick.

Nobody comes in, then they close down in a hurried, crisis situation and probably a good percentage of them don't come back.

The economic damage from under-reaction has been shown to be far greater than the economic damage from over-reacting.  As it is at the moment, we can contemplate reaction, thoughtfully get to negotiated points of orderly tamping down of social congregation, and try to soften the damage over a time that is, hopefully, shorter than that time devoted to under-reacting until everything is a massive fukking shitstorm.

Why is it hard for people to understand this idea?  Are people that bulletproof?  Do people really not think others can be in situations that could go pretty horribly sideways from catching this?

rct

Good post.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 10K-DB said:

It’s thinking like this that got us to where we are today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, labomba said:

It’s thinking like this that got us to where we are today. 

Absolutely.

It would be one thing if a person were marooned on an island & could do any stupid thing they want without impacting others.

No one here is living alone on an island.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bobouz said:

Absolutely.

It would be one thing if a person were marooned on an island & could do any stupid thing they want without impacting others.

No one here is living alone on an island.

Exactly! I feel everything should have been locked down last month and maybe that would have prevented what’s happening now. Every day seems twice as bad as the day before. 

• Like 1

My wife and I are both considered essential. We must go to work unless we have a fever.

This means we need fuel. Fuel is essential.

The food supply is also essential, as is electricity, water, sewer, I guess the internet nowadays, doctors, nurses, hospital staff, hospital suppliers,  prison guards, prison suppliers, hardware and plumbing supplies for emergencies, trains must roll, t.v. and radio and on and on.

Stay home if you can, but pray for those of us who can't.

Edited by Murph

I am not sure what is causing the shortages at the grocery.  Is it people in the supply chain not working?  Or is it just hoarding?  I don't understand hoarding perishable items.  If your family normally drinks two gallons of milk in a weeks time how is buying 6 gallons going to help you?  3 of those gallons will probably go sour before you drink them.  Same thing with eggs - they don't last forever.  My local grocer had almost no fruit or produce.  I suppose you could freeze a lot of those items but not a potato in sight seemed weird to me?  

Just hoping the weather warms up quickly and the sun comes out which is supposedly going to kill the virus off so we can get past this.

4 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

I am not sure what is causing the shortages at the grocery.  Is it people in the supply chain not working?  Or is it just hoarding?  I don't understand hoarding perishable items.  If your family normally drinks two gallons of milk in a weeks time how is buying 6 gallons going to help you?  3 of those gallons will probably go sour before you drink them.  Same thing with eggs - they don't last forever.  My local grocer had almost no fruit or produce.  I suppose you could freeze a lot of those items but not a potato in sight seemed weird to me?  

Just hoping the weather warms up quickly and the sun comes out which is supposedly going to kill the virus off so we can get past this.

It's hoarding that's causing the shortage. 

1 minute ago, rct said:

I only remember the 18 pages of women's underwear.

rct

I remember that too.   The internet is amazing though.  My wife shops a lot online.  She's an exercise fanatic and is in great shape.  But, with the online shopping comes the pop ads for the things she shops for.  Lots of hotties in exercise clothes.  It's better than the Sears catalog.  [smile]

31 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I remember that too.   The internet is amazing though.  My wife shops a lot online.  She's an exercise fanatic and is in great shape.  But, with the online shopping comes the pop ads for the things she shops for.  Lots of hotties in exercise clothes.  It's better than the Sears catalog.  [smile]

Lots of hotties in exercise clothes.

Oh I bet  if you look hard enough you'll find better than that... 😈