Gibson Brands Forums

Rocky Racoon

MorrisrownSal

Sal,

Great little song. My only nitpick with your video is that we can't see your left hand. Except for one chord that uses your thumb (d/f# or d7/f#?) we can't see what you're playing, and how you're playing it. For me that's far more important than seeing half of your bright, smiling face.

Something to keep in mind for your next video.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

thank you guys for listening.  ill do better on framing next time.  and Sin roger on the chords.

and its time to confess my poor decision making. this scarlett focusrite 2i2 with two mics is more complicated, and adds more steps and moving pieces... like a separate video feed that i have to sync... than my Apogee MiC. i wish i didnt sell it and try this route.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

.....and its time to confess my poor decision making.

Heck, Sal, we're all guilty of this one!  Though I have tamed my "guitar gadget" addiction, I have yet to do the same for fishing gear..........seems there's always something I figure will work better, most often not the case.

Good work!  McCartney has some tough pipes to follow, huh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

thank you guys for listening.  ill do better on framing next time.  and Sin roger on the chords.

and its time to confess my poor decision making. this scarlett focusrite 2i2 with two mics is more complicated, and adds more steps and moving pieces... like a separate video feed that i have to sync... than my Apogee MiC. i wish i didnt sell it and try this route.

Seems your doing very well with the setup Sal. Very nice job as always. 

this shelter in place thing is very boring!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

did he feel dumb do do do do do do do dooo do... ing! because i do.

Wait till you get it right - it'll change the perspective. 

I remember feeling slightly lame when trying to get the intro under control back in 74.  It gradually fell into place during a month or two. .

So just keep dodooing it. . .