Gibson Brands Forums

Ngd

derek R

]Picked this up today,Gibson platinum studio,all original,ebony fretboard 2005 model no fret inlays .

Been looking for a studio with ebony fretboard for awhile,this one came up with original hardcase,the deal also included two amps,an orange crush 35 and a Marshall   mg30.

Pretty pleased with the deal i got,looking forward to spending some time with this guitar after a string change and a setup.

5-FFB9260-B994-4272-B7-B2-FF500917-FA7-C

5-FFB9260-B994-4272-B7-B2-FF500917-FA7-C

C93-D3-BDF-366-A-42-F9-9-F69-BB734-C0118

F9-D6718-F-CFD7-45-A1-A2-E3-F0884-B7-AB7

url-https-postimg-cc-PCv-N5b-M6-img-http

FD36-C235-2348-4-D66-8455-7-B3-E0455-A17

B4134-F21-5-C6-B-46-D0-8-A64-5-E14-EC36-9

• Like 1

Thanks,as far as i know it’s a limited edition,but as i said,i was looking out for a ebony fretboard studio.

So glad to score this one with the two amps included in the deal.

I’m thinking i might trade my other studio and the amps and maybe some other stuff on a Gibson acoustic.

Bought a Martin acoustic guitar and aren’t really bonding with it,so thinking might put all the other stuff together and see what I can get for a Gibson acoustic 

40 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Never seen one like that before. Congrats.[thumbup]

:-k if one of those silver painted street performers wanted to incorporate some busking....

I saw a guy in Trafalgar Square that could have rocked that Lester.

I looked these Studios up, it seems they hold their value well.

Just cleaned the whole guitar,fretboard was really dirty,put on new strings.The neck is a fifty’s profile,not like the neck on my r7,but definitely quite a chunky neck which i prefer,will let the strings settle in and see how it goes.

There seems to be an issue with one of the volume pots,will get a look at that as the strings settle and i get the chance to sit down with it,hopefully nothing major,so far as i can see the setup of the guitar seems good,nice low action and no fret buzz that I’ve noticed.

Looking forward to trying out the ebony fretboard,it’s the only guitar i own with an ebony board .

Seller of this guitar said there was a problem with one of the pickups volume pot,spent some time with the guitar and the two amps that came with it,cannot find any issues with the guitar at all.

Everything is checking out,both pickups and volume pots and tone pots seem to work like they are meant to,will compare it to my other studio.

Looks like I’ve got a great deal with this guitar ,no issues, setup is good ,new strings are settling in well and staying in tune and doesn’t seem to be any issues with pickups or pots ,well pleased.

Another Gibson to add to my collection,the only thing i need now is a Gibson acoustic,how i convince my better half i need another acoustic guitar is going to be a challenge.

• Like 1