Gibson Brands Forums

Summer in the City

MorrisrownSal

Dan, I got this gem last September or October. It's my #1. I get the same feeling playing it that I did playing your baby in my basement.

I have this baby, my J-45 Studio Walnut (thin body), and my Martin D15. I am done... really. You can all hold me to this. I will not get any more guitars. No more swaps. Timestamp this. Life has gotten busy, and these guitars do it all. 

I hope you are well my friend. Please stay safe... wear a mask, stay away from extreme news channels - both sides. Actually stay away from all news channels. Just stay safe. Say hello to Powder for me.

Not an easy song - you grabbed it, , , and obviously isn't a beginner. But a whole month without the guitar!?  Were you out traveling or did  the hands not work. . 

Nice to see the relaxed relationship between you and the 45 btw.  Something seems to have clicked there.

14 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

Dan, I got this gem last September or October. It's my #1. I get the same feeling playing it that I did playing your baby in my basement.

I have this baby, my J-45 Studio Walnut (thin body), and my Martin D15. I am done... really. You can all hold me to this. I will not get any more guitars. No more swaps. Timestamp this. Life has gotten busy, and these guitars do it all. 

I hope you are well my friend. Please stay safe... wear a mask, stay away from extreme news channels - both sides. Actually stay away from all news channels. Just stay safe. Say hello to Powder for me.

Why did the LG2 leave?

That's cool to hear another  45TV,  I hope mine sounds the same, I believe it dose.

Your strings look like a nickle alloy?  I'm ready for a string change on mine, going back to nickle bronze after Martin PBs  that are on it now.

Thanks 

Nice job on a tricky tune, Sal.  Good to see you back on the horse.  I had a few weeks’ absence too...funny how a world health crisis can get to me these days.  Ah, to be young and bullet proof again....

Hope  all is well with you and yours, friend.  Keep singing.

Roger